Good Morning From Missouri

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHatRedNeck

Reaction score
-3 right now with a high of 12 today. I’m back to work off a 4-day weekend. Coffe is hot so help yourselves. Got to keep the wife happy so no boat projects this winter. Currently refinishing a dresser. Spent the weekend starting it and in the middle realized I needed to completely clean out and rearrange the garage. Stay warm out there.

Yea, I'm not a fan of winter. +1 now and 8 for the high today.
I see most of the nation has experienced some colder (or winter) weather recently.

jasper60103 said:
Yea, I'm not a fan of winter. +1 now and 8 for the high today.
I see most of the nation has experienced some colder (or winter) weather recently.
I thought I was reading MY forecast when I read this. I do a lot of small game hunting and know it's cold when the skinning knife tries to stick to my hand.

I will always appreciate the mild weather we have out west. It is mid 40's to high 50's in my neck of the woods. I got up to head for the lake but there was enough of a drizzle to make me stay at home. Those larger windshield boats with all that canvass look pretty good on rainy days.

We were supposed to get 1-2" of snow which turned into 7" so far. The single digit temps last week are gone though. Don't fish much in the winter but those walleye tourneys on Pursuit Channel look like fun.

-5 this morning and in the last two days we got 6" of snow.

Having spent the first 40 years in the Chicago area, I know about Winter. In fact, it was a particular Chicago Winter that drove me to Houston.

I know you brave Northern souls laugh, but around here ice and snow closed the schools and many businesses, too.

It was laughable until I stepped out of my garage onto a patch of ice. I had to hang on and try to balance to keep from hitting the concrete this morning. Bah Humbug.

But, 70's by Sunday with a bit or rain. Looking forward to getting the tinny out. My BIL arrives on Monday or Tuesday. I am going to be "forced" to take him fishing a couple of times while he is here. Ha !

RedHatRedNeck said:
-6 this morning hot coffee really hits the spot right now.

I bet the weather is really nice out there on the West Coast right now.

I wasn't going to say cause I don't want you guys to think I'm rubbing it in. But since you asked, it was 52 deg's about 9:30 this morning with a high in the mid 60's.

Yea, we're on a warming trend here after a long deep freeze. 26 now, but expect to hit upper 30s today, and looking good through the weekend!

Been a rough week all around. Found out Monday a buddy of mine from my hunting club passed in his sleep Sunday night. Found out today that one of my old band mates from oklahaoma who was getting really close to the big break with his new band was killed in a wreck in Ohio on Wednesday and another good friend is in stage 4 liver failure. Been a rough one all around.

The buddy of mine from the huntin club was part of a big thread we have on our forum where we say good morning to everyone in missiouri but are also saying good morning to everyone. There’s a few of us who aren’t far from each other and a few who used to live in MO.

Not really lookin for sympathy or anything but just explaining why I started this thread. If I have more than one to keep up with it helps me remember to update it all. And the reasoning for the coffee is he would always start his posts with the weather and saying he made a fresh pot of coffee for everyone.

Thanks for humorin me.

Tipped my coffee cup to your earlier post.

I'm about to hop in the car for a 6 hour drive down to Los Angeles to visit the kids and celebrate out youngest son's B-day.

Take care.

51 when the wife and I woke up today. Not sure what all today will have in store. Be shelf in shop about 75% complete. Hopefully will finish it and get shop fully organized tonight.

53 here this mornin. Finally got my shop about 95% put back together yesterday. Wife wants to get a bunch a house cleaning done today. Gonna need coffee.

RedHatRedNeck said:
Have fun with that. Honestly how is it driving in/around LA? Was in San Diego back in ‘13 and it was a nightmare.

It is a nightmare. Lots of cars driving incredibly fast with too many guys racing in and out of lanes like a slalom course. Even on the city streets people drive like maniacs. Creates too much stress for me. Then there are the traffic jams...

45 deg's here this morning when I got up.

Taking my Nissan Titan in to the dealer for brakes/rotors all around. I bought it in 2006. Odometer reads 86.5K. It still has the original brake pads. I've been getting them checked with every oil change. I finally decided I would just get it done with this oil change. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time. I hope the new ones last as long.

Dealership office has a coffee machine. Think I'll grab a cup for the ride home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts