Absolute inferno

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Just around 5 this afternoon while returning to my shop after work, I can hear the area screaming with sirens, and could see a thicker black smoke coming from just over the valley. I jumped in the car and rushed to see what all the chaos was about. I couldn't believe my eyes. I frequent this area alot when I fish, and have watched these complexes being put up from start to finish. In a just under an hour, one 5 story luxery condemenium complex, had caught fire, and collapsed from such an intense blaze. The fire didn't want to end there. As of 8pm, 5 more complexes had caught fire, and even at this hour continue to burn.
. I am still in disbelief and shock from seeing all the local residents watching every thing they own, going up in smoke. I even heard several devastating stories of residents that didn't make in home in time to save there pets.

Some pics of what I seen today.
IMG_06121.jpg

ConshohockenBuildingFire813080031.jpg

Picture1449.jpg

Picture1442.jpg

Picture1440.jpg

Picture1454.jpg

Picture1457.jpg

Picture1459.jpg

Great photos Mike!

Hope that everyone is uninjured

and I also hope the run off from the water does not pollute the river too much

I didn't get a wink of sleep last night just thinking about how intense that fire actually was yesterday. I guess you had to be there to experience it first hand. I made a drive through that area right after work today, and couldn't get anywhere even close to take some aftermath pics. I guess a major investigation is going on or something? Anyway, I read in the papers today, there was only about 12 injuries, which were very minor, and thankfully not one death. Unfortunately, there are many stories of dogs and cats that never even had a chance. I seen on the news that if a fire is really bad, they'll hit 5 alarms. This fire made it to 81 alarms. It was reported that fire trucks where coming in from as far as new jersey, and deleware.
I only got to take a few more handfull of photos today from the area.

Just to show how intense the heat was. The lights on the roof, and headlights actually started to melt from this truck. Even the glass windshield started to boil.
Picture1481.jpg

Whats left of the last complex to catch fire, all which of already in the process of being torn down.
Picture1475.jpg

Wow, :shock: :shock: my hat goes off to those firefighters and emergency workers to limit the injuries and have no fatalities. =D> It is awesome to hear how many came from miles around to help. It certainly looked like it could have been much worse.

I was in the fire zone all day thurs... what a mess seeing the damage up close was unreal.. I was working under 1 of the collapsed bldg to remove the gas service. some good news did come of it they did find some pets alive and well(wet and hungry) in the collapsed bldg. it took some brass ones to go into these unstable bldg looking for the pets.
take notice to the 60" plasma TV hanging on the wall of the one Pict Mr fish took. I also saw several thousand $$ worth of high end bikes hanging on the wall that are now buried.
The D.E.P. was on site checking the water so they are watching that.
I want to thank the owner of "THE BOATHOUSE" restaurant for all the support he gave everyone. He showed up with a grill and burgers and a few buckets of wings... he didn't charge anyone or would not take tips.. the food was awesome I have eaten at the restaurant before and will return again to show support for his efforts.

Thats really ashame, glad no-one was hurt, I'm surprised at all the wood that was used, usually its 90% metal.

Latest posts