Our new Aussie member should be proud

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
Lifesaving drone saves swimmers in 70 seconds.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-1...x-head/9340784

I'm not proud of the drones, but I am very proud that our life guards, they are volunteers who do a great job with limited funding.
Surf lifesaving is a massive part of australian beach culture, with surf lifesaving clubs the backbone that keeps our beaches safe.
Drones are good for people that can still help themselves but not for the unconscious or seriously in trouble.

pretty wild glad the boys were saved, I applaud the work of the life guards as well. Pretty amazing what people are beginning to do with these drones.

I can envision that a lot of gadgets will be constructed to be dropped to people in trouble. Flotation devices mostly, I guess.

Some people are already using drones to drop bait hundreds of yards offshore.

No reason why a loop of rope, attached to some 150 lb braid, couldn't be dropped to someone in trouble. A big off-shore reel could drag that person back to safety. The drone, with the braid attached to the rope loop, could be launched from shore or a nearby boat.

Lots of possiblities.

Latest posts