new guy checking in...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kajun

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the folks on this fine forum....i just bought a 1984 alumacraft 18ft jon boat witha 84' johnson 35hp...been looking for a cheap 18fter for a long time now...i took it for a test ride and it ran great..needs alil carb adjustment at idle though, i'll rebuild carb later....but it still ran like a scalded ape!....the guy wanted $1k but he said he'd take $900..so i bought it :mrgreen: i did a compression check on it when i got home and it has 130 psi on both cylinders so the motor is nice and tight......yesterday i sold my 14ft jon and trailer..no motor for $500 :)

i want to put a false floor and fix the casting deck in it though..then i should be ready to go catch some catfish and crappie :)

look forward to learning how to modify my jon boat with your help and hopefully pass on anything i know or learn here.

here's some pics of it...

dscf0002zy9.jpg

dscf0009qf5.jpg

dscf0001ol2.jpg

dscf0005wf8.jpg

Welcome aboard mate :D

Yea this is a good place, home folk style-like Jim says Rated PG :wink:

That is gonna be a serious boat when done, with that size its endless on what you can do with it, may end up being a big hit here, alotta guys will be watching this build :D

Welcome! Nice boat, look forward to seeing your progress...........and seeing some slime in the boat! :mrgreen:

ST

Welcome to the family my friend, you have certainly come to the right place for ideas on mods, we have alot of interesting projects that will blow you away. We're here to help with any questions you have. If you can, progress report and pictures would be nice.

Latest posts