I got a new project. Non water related.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natetrack

Reaction score
Hey guys, picked up this little gem for $200. Needed a fuel pump and a carb tuning and should be good for deer hunting and ice fishing. Anybody else do anything with these?

It's a 1983 KLT 250 C1 Prairie 3 wheeler. The guy I bought it from put new tires, mud flaps, carb kit, battery, fuel line, fuel filter, and spark plug.

I put the fuel pump on already and now it runs, but only with the choke all the way on and thumbing the throttle. I am guessing it needs a carb tuning, any other thoughts on what it could be?

Attachments

• klt250.jpg
    klt250.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 886
Holy cow I **** you not....I saw one of those for sale 3 days ago. We never see 3 wheelers for sale around here....ever. Wife said no to the 3 wheeler....she said if you find a cheap 4 wheeler......maybe :LOL2:

Good luck with it!

I'd agree, and probably just rebuild the carb, add a fuel filter if not already equipped. Would also agree on the safety factor, be careful!

ST

I've been riding them since I was 5 or 6 so I definately know how to ride them and what not to do. It will mostly be used for slow stuff, hauling deer out of the woods, towing ice fishing equipment, giving the kids slow rides around the backyard. :mrgreen:

Depends what you call cheap Jim. I picked up this 2000 Polaris Xplorer 250 for $1800, down from $2000. The guy that owned it only used it to pull his boat out of the barn and bring it around the house so he could connect his truck to it and in the winter to plow his driveway.

IMG_1891_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

Needed a trailer and found this for $300, talked the guy down to $250. Needed to relocate the lights so it would tilt and besides, the previous owner mounted them to a piece of wood when they are supposed to be mounted to metal for the ground.

IMG_1892_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

Trailer tilts but is very unsafe to tilt and ride up it when alone. Fortunately when I bought my house there were a pair of trailer ramps behind the shed. As you can see they are the perfect height for getting the ATV out of the back yard and when I put them on the side of the trailer the ATV fits nicely leaving plenty of room on the back for my ice fishing shelter. Now I need to find a place to keep the shelter at my house. Currently it is in my mother’s garage.

ramps001_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

ramps002_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

My Boss had one and brought it into work to see if we could get it a going again, new plugs and carb work and new gas-she was purring. A week later he told me his son was trying to start it and decided to help it out and shot carb starting fluid into it :roll: It supposely backed fired and thats how it caught on fire :shock: we may never know except that it did burn to the ground :(

Loses neutral? Does that mean it slips into gear by it self? :shock: :shock: Do you have to shift those? Maybe it means when downshifting it won't come out of gear? Sounds like a linkage adjustment problem. Not sure how to do that or what it would cost. Besides, count the wheels Jim, that's one less than the wife said.

flounderhead59 said:
Loses neutral? Does that mean it slips into gear by it self? :shock: :shock: Do you have to shift those? Maybe it means when downshifting it won't come out of gear? Sounds like a linkage adjustment problem. Not sure how to do that or what it would cost. Besides, count the wheels Jim, that's one less than the wife said.

Yeah but this practically free. :mrgreen:

Jim said:
flounderhead59 said:

Yeah but this practically free. :mrgreen:

Plus the cost to repair it.

Yes I know that and you know that, she doesnt know that. but at some point its too late.....When its sitting in my Garage. Im really looking for something with a plow on it anyway...but for $200 I figured why not?

Since we're sharin' pics :mrgreen: This was my trapping rig, can't trap anymore, so it's gone. '05 Honda Rubicon

ST

1-06ATV1.jpg

1-06ATV2.jpg

1-06ATV3.jpg

Waterwings said:
That's a wild setup! What'd you keep in the box on the back, and what did you trap?

Mostly traps, but gear for making sets as well. Trapped coyote, red fox, 'coon, beaver, 'rats, 'mink, and the occasional grinner & stinker ('possum & skunk).

Jim said:
Very nice setup. Why cant you trap anymore?

Can't get around very well anymore, was in a bad car accident in '03.

ST

All the fur you see was mine at one of the local fur auctions.
fursale-3.jpg

Couple 40 lb+ beaver that were destroying all the trees along a stretch of river.
1-28-06beaver3.jpg

Here's a few coyote going to auction
sale-yotes.jpg

Ever see a blonde coyote?
blnd-yt2.jpg

IT'S ALIVE, ALIVE!!!!!!

A $50 fuel pump, and $20 in new jets for the carb and the 3 wheeler runs like crazy. And 2 weeks until deer season. Perfect.

Latest posts