Purchased a 2nd hole in the water to throw my money into

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
I saw it posted on a local facebook swap group. The guy posted a single picture of just the inside, so I couldn't even tell if it was a metal boat or not. Shot him a message anyways for more info.

n9Lqk7v.jpg

R933Qz2.jpg

K1mZTAs.jpg

ip1c3JO.jpg

H4wLHDL.jpg

That my wife.

IRgOKpi.jpg

$600, but he's taking the motor and fish finder off of it.

I'm going to swap the 25hp Johnson off my Sea Nymph 14 footer on to it, and then sell the Sea Nymph.

This will be a lot nicer, it can fit the whole family comfortably, you can get up and walk around in it unlike my 14 footer. And it has a ton of storage for fishing gear.

The seller did tell me there is a few leaking rivets, he said they had it out on the water for a while troubleshooting the engine thats on it, and it took on maybe a gallon of water. I figure I'll fill it up with the garden hose, find the leaks and seal them. The transom was rock solid.

I also feel like this boat will be a lot safer for big water, like Lake Cumberland. I've had my 14 footer out on local small lakes, but I've been hesitant to take it anywhere there might be some heavy waves. With the higher sides and it being bigger, I'd feel a lot safer in big water.

I'll probably upgrade the carb and intake in the Johnson to make it a 35 horse for a bit more get up and go with the bigger boat.

Looks like a nice boat. Not sure that the 25 will push it too fast. But that is up to you. You should appreciate the stability and size.

I think everyone should have a boat that they feel is big enough and safe enough to go out and not worry. If you are worrying all of the time, then you are NOT enjoying your day.

I know, because I've purchased a couple of boats over the years that were truly not right for my big, clumsy butt.

I remember when I was selling one. The guy asked if it would tip over. I said..."not really easily, (true) that is for sure, but...I could easily fall out of it" and that was the reason I was selling it. He was a small, well-coordinated guy. He bought it.

Latest posts