Have you scrapped a tin boat before?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
Getting close to considering taking my old boat to the scrap yard.

Its been sitting on facebook and craigslist for sale for 2 weeks.

I have it listed at $500.
This includes boat, trailer, fish finder, everything except the motor.

I had it listed at $800 and then $700 for a while with no interest at all. At $500 I just keep getting people messaging me asking if I'll take less, then when I say no, they stop talking.

I feel like all the accessories in it makes it worth way more than that. It has new seats, new tires, fish finder, lighting, bilge pump, etc.

I'm getting very close to just taking the stuff off of it I want for my new boat. Aluminum scrap price is at 50 cents a pound, and I know between the boat and the trailer it weighs at least 600lbs. It weighed 860 with the motor on it.

I really hate to do that because its a nice boat that doesn't leak. But man, this is just getting aggravating.

Might there be a Boy Scout campground around that you could donate it to, and take a tax deduction?

Roger

It sold today. $400, but I kept the seats out of it. He got a good deal, but it was a younger guy and his wife and he'll be fishing on the same lake I do all summer so it will be nice seeing them out there.

It seems easier to parcel out a boat and sell everything separately. And good pics or video can make all the difference.

And then there was the story of the guy who was trying to get rid of a desk.

He put it out front with a FREE sign on it.

After two days, it was still there.

He then put a sign on it that said $125.00.

It was stolen that night.

Well, glad you got a buyer, but 2 weeks is not enough time the season is just starting. I tried to sell my rig for a month just passing info along. I took out a ad in the local Peddler and it was gone in less than 24hrs.