Are there any tropical or exotic fruit growers here?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
I have some 20+ types of tropical and for So. Flo. exotic (peaches) fruits and I wonder if you folks in more temperate climes have fruit tree or bush collections. If so what kind?

I have a very productive Calamansi which is about as exotic as I can get I suppose. I also have old established Apple, Orange, and Fig trees. The Orange and Fig are very productive. The apple seems to be losing ground and I will probably remove it in another year. I also have two persimmons (two fuyus planted in the same hole), a couple nectarines, an asian pear, two lemons (Eureka & Meyers), two peach trees (babcocks), some tangerines, and two strawberry guavas (which will probably never bear fruit). Most of the newer trees are on trellises due to the narrow space I have for planting. One of the nectarines and the tangerines are in large pots.

When we moved into this house it was the height of the drought. Among other things, I converted to 100% drip system. At the same time I removed several large landscaping plants and replaced them with fruit trees. I figured if I had to water them I wanted something back. As it goes, I'm providing a smorgasbord for the neighborhood squirrels.

Latest posts