Fishing in the rain......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustFishN

Reaction score
I was wondering how you guys felt about fishing in the rain? I've heard that it is good to fish in the rain, then I hear no way fish won't bite if it's raining. What do you guys think? Have you fished in the rain and notice they do in fact bite?? OR is it true..they DON'T bite in the rain.

They do bite in the rain for sure. I think they stop biting just as a cold front approaches. From my own experience Up in Maine I have caught plenty of Bass while its been raining.

I have caught some monster fish in the rain. fishing in the rain in the summer is one of my favorite times to fish a lot less boat traffic on the water..

It was raining here today and I wanted to go fishing in the worst way... but it was in the back of my head...fish never bite in the rain lol

If you fish in the rain fish under bridges - the fish all go there to stay dry!

Fishing in the rain can be fun and productive.

scott_002.jpg

thats funny. stay dry. ha. ive caught plenty of fish in the rain. im a pretty die hard fisherman and i wont let rain keep me away. coming from the guy who played a round of golf in japan during a typhoon, dont know what its worth. but i have caught fish in the rain plenty.

some of the best fishin ive ever done was in the rain...best trip this summer it was rainin...we caught over 100 bass that day too...

I go by my 12 and 12 rule, the fishing is good around here 12 hours before a storm and 12 hours after the storm they start biteing real good!!! Dont know about fishing in the rain cause it usually thunders around here when its raining

when i'm trout fishing and a low pressure front rolls in and the barometer starts falling ,i might as well pack up and go home. they just sit and sulk for a while.theres just no point in getting soaked for a couple of fish (maybe).if its been raining for a couple days the chances improve a little more.we don't have many bass lakes (3) around my area so i cant say if its the same for them.

I have to say that I am looking forward to getting to fish in the rain.
that will mean the evil snow dandruff is gone!!!!

remember the first to letters in BAN are BA ban Lets all support the Ban B A movement

In spring & summer a hard rain makes the fish active. Burn a crankbait in the rain.

I hear tale that rain makes the fish more active due to food sources washing into the water.

Last time I went out in the rain I caught nothing, but I did get wet. So, I dunno...

A heavy down pour or thunderstorm.....no not fishing.....But when it just a nice light or steady rain heck yea. the bite is on.

Latest posts