Go away Hurricane FAY!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewfish

Reaction score
MAn i am getting so tired of hurricanes I could scream. Last time around I ended up having to run away from Katrina. I'm not really worried about FAY other than the fact that I don't want to loose everything in the freezers. I feel yet another finical distraction coming from a generator purchase coming. I'm so close to finishing my boat rebuild but every time I get a little extra cash here comes something else around the bend. :x Ok i guess i'm done whining now.

Hope it misses you all! I have a friend on the SW coast, he's got the trailer loaded with supplies & is ready to bug-out (if he hasn't already).

Good Luck!
ST

Actually I hope it gets stronger and stronger and turns straight west and then hits Rockport, Texas and then wipes out only one house... mine. Then I can get the insurance and build a better one. But if that isn't gonna happen then I hope it dies off before it gets close to any of your houses.

flounderhead59 said:
Actually I hope it gets stronger and stronger and turns straight west and then hits Rockport, Texas and then wipes out only one house... mine. Then I can get the insurance and build a better one. But if that isn't gonna happen then I hope it dies off before it gets close to any of your houses.

Hush your mouth...

The oil speculators will go wild tomorrow just because there is one in the general neighborhood.

Quackrstackr said:
flounderhead59 said:

Hush your mouth...

The oil speculators will go wild tomorrow just because there is one in the general neighborhood.

:shock: Crap, forgot about the oil speculators! They're probably having field day at this moment. Now I'll expect to go to work tomorrow and see it back around $4 :(

ditto to all.. man im in the direct line "supposedly" as the weather people say that were in the line of the eye,, as of right now were in HURRICANE WATCH.. soo im praying, go away FAY!! :| [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

I never wish a hurricane to impact the folks on the coast, But I sure hope it comes my way! We need it bad around here. 2 year drought and we are like 15-18" short on rain this year alone. The lake in my town is 12' low now. The corps think without a substancial amount of rain, the lake could be 7-10' lower by the end of winter. There are more closed ramps then usable ones. The underground water table are low and area resivors are drying up. Water restrictions have begun maditory and will only get tighter. The govener has requested fed aid for farmers ect.

Well Its Not going away, and will be hitting where i live by 8pm tues. Hope the wind stays low and we get lots of rain, as we need it.

12ftModder said:
Well Its Not going away, and will be hitting where i live by 8pm tues. Hope the wind stays low and we get lots of rain, as we need it.

I agree, it sadness my heart to see what is happening to mother earth, we have managed
to destroy all our lakes and other smaller body of waters, period.

It is so sad to go hunting for a lake that so many people had such great memories just to find out that it is now dry and if not dry, is smaller and dirty as it could ever be... What a shame...

I used to live in West pam beach, and one day walking along the water way between the main land of florida and the Yankee rich and famus island of Palm beach, I met this 78 years young man and we stroke a conversation.

He said, when I was a kid my dad used to bring me here to play in the water, he said, I used to drop coins and rocks in the water and could trace the object all the way until it hit bottom, that is how clear that water was. You go there now and that water is pure dirt, don't you dare stick your hands there, your flesh might come off...

So I do hope that fay brings some water to this area, the lakes will still be dirty, but at least they will be a little fuller....

How in the heck can it gain strength as it's over land??! :? I'm prepped and ready so if it's coming I say bring in on....I just wish I had a surf board now :D

For those of you in the area, with a jon boat and no garage, how do you protect your boat during the storm ?

I have mine laying upside down on the group anker to a tree.

I would just put the plug in and half fill mine half full with water. Been through quite a few hurricanes and never had any trouble doing it like this. A half filled boat = instant anchor.

Well I ended up putting mine in garage, if i was to not have garage i would put trailer on 4 jack stands and fill boat 1/3 ta 1/2 full of water, and cover with a tarp on so it dont fill up and overload the trailer.

Latest posts