For anyone using the Navionics phone app....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Works pretty well for skinny water runs as well. Several places I frequent have huge rocks that can be just below the surface.

Think I'm going to get a ram mount and start using my ipad for this. Thing has been collecting dust forever and I thought, hmm, the jon boat could use a nice big screen :lol:

Does the Navionics app also track your position while using it? I can't see my iPad or iPhone screens very well outdoors. Using my depth finder's built in high definition maps that I can see easily while I'm fishing, works pretty well for me.

Apparently, there is a Fishing Range option on the Navionics app. It appears that you can have the system highlight ....say....10 feet to 3 feet...along a shoreline.

That is new to me but has been there all along. rich

A quote from a guy on another site..
"It's a great tool that I use on and off the water. I really like to use the fishing range map option to highlight depths this time of year for the bull reds."

p.s. Scott, sorry I didn't see your post until just now. Yes, it tracks your position. I can't solve the visibility issues, though. That is why they sell the more expensive chips I guess.

It's the cheapest alternative too a gps capable graph.
It does require cell service though. A lake I fish has spotty cell service, navionics app either takes a long time to load, or will not load at all.
Make sure to backup waypoints (in settings) before updating, I learned this the hard way.

Latest posts