Reminders about reminders....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
If you are like me, there are a number of boating (and non-boating) things that have to be done with some regularity. Might be charging the Quick Jump Battery device; Replacing the spark plugs on a regular schedule; or taking your blood pressure, etc..

I often remember these things just when I am about to go do something else, and the project gets forgotten again and again.

I've started using my calendar on my computer/phone to remind me. .. Charge the battery device monthly; replace sparkplugs Spring and Fall etc...

I don't always do IT when I should, but if I can see that I am not going to get around to the job, I can amend the reminder on the calendar to next week, or whatever.

Anyhow, just a hint to help our aging brains.

rich

richg99 said:
... replace sparkplugs Spring and Fall etc.
Whoa, I gap them before use ... check mid-season and clean/gap before Winter storage. If I don't get 3 or 4 years of use out of a plug set, I'd be disappointed!

Save some $$$ ... no need to replace them unless you're burning up the electrode and then I'd say you might be running the wrong plug at that!

I do check the gap before I put them in. It is actually running so that I replace them once each year, not twice. I was just using that as an illustration.

New plugs are cheap enough (two for about $8.00) that I don't mind being a big spender. Getting stuck on the water isn't on my daily plan...ever.

thanks for the tip. rich

This is a pretty good heads-up. Thanks for posting.

I under-utilize my phone's calendar and notes functions. My iPhone sync's with my MacBook Air so what I put on the phone shows up on the laptop and vice versa. I just need to use it more. Haha

BTW, only because you guys brought it up, my Honda manual says to check-adjust/replace the plugs every 6 months or 100 hours. I'll probably just replace them every 100 hours.

Latest posts