Electric Pressure Washer experience?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have one? Thoughts/Experience?

I honestly use my gas troy-built 2-3 times per year and it was always more of a headache to get it up and running. It is 13 years old and now I see water leaking from the bottom of the engine. :shock:

Literally will use it wash the camper, boat, car, steps etc. Not commercial or prolonged use.

I am looking at something like this, a Sun Joe: https://amzn.to/2MhJQ1t
SunJoe.jpg

Clausfield electric one from tax free Wally World on sale ... close to same PSI as your gas motor one. Simple, works - just be sure to drain it well before storage. I taped down the water handle trigger, so it is always ON, but you need to be VERY careful where you are pointing it when you start it.

Jim said:
Anyone have one? Thoughts/Experience?

I honestly use my gas troy-built 2-3 times per year and it was always more of a headache to get it up and running. It is 13 years old and now I see water leaking from the bottom of the engine. :shock:

Literally will use it wash the camper, boat, car, steps etc. Not commercial or prolonged use.

I am looking at something like this, a Sun Joe: https://amzn.to/2MhJQ1t

I've had the sun joe for a couple years...
https://www.amazon.com/Snow-Joe-SPX3000-Pressure-14-5-Amp/dp/B00CPGMUXW/ref=vsbg_prssr_w_544477_sr/132-5334857-4192532?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1529759571&sr=1-1

I use it for small jobs, like washing down my screen porch and deck.
It works fine for that. It has two soap tanks, but
I think the hose reel is a nice feature for just a few dollars more.

If you only use it a couple of times a year, have you considered just renting one for the day? No hassles with maintenance or storage and no having to keep replacing it. I didn’t need a super powerful one to clean my patio and the siding on my home so I recently rented one from the Home Depot for a few hours for like $25 or $35 if I wanted it for the entire day.

Scott F said:
If you only use it a couple of times a year, have you considered just renting one for the day? No hassles with maintenance or storage and no having to keep replacing it. I didn’t need a super powerful one to clean my patio and the siding on my home so I recently rented one from the Home Depot for a few hours for like $25 or $35 if I wanted it for the entire day.

hmmm....... good point! never thought of that.

I have one that looks very similar to the Sun Joe you picture, but I think mine was made by Karcher. It is several years old. Not exactly sure how old because it was given to me by a relative who was moving out of the country. It still works without any issue. I never even thought about draining it but can see where that would be needed in other parts of the country. . I used mine about 3 years ago to wash down the stucco prior to a guy painting the house. Otherwise I use it once per year to wash the accumulated gunk off of the pavers we have surrounding the house.

Always always always tilt over on the side where the hoses connect after each use. If there is water in the pump and it freezes it will split the pump housing. I have seen several that this has happened to. Fortunately mine wasnt one of them

I have one I bought at Home Depot. Don't remember the name and it is in Texas right now.

It does fine but be careful how well you attach the various pressure nozzles. One of mine blew out and is GONE.

Luckily, it wasn't the high-pressure fitting that I use most of the time. I tried to buy a replacement but couldn't find it.

I may take a quick coupler fitting and hammer one end to make my own. It doesn't look like rocket science.