Stanley Thermos

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I've had my Stanley thermos since the early 80's. Made in the USA (Nashville, Tenn). I've been kind of bummed out because I recently lost the stopper. So, I googled "Number 11 Stopper" and saw that Stanley had replacement parts. I filled out their on line form hoping that they would have it. Next day I got an email from them saying the replacement stopper should be delivered in about 7 days.

In these days this is incredible customer service. Good that there are still some quality businesses out there. And, I'll have my lucky thermos back in the boat!

Aladdin Stanley.jpg

I think it's funny how big an issue was made over the Yeti tumbler and it's various competitors all acting like insulated stainless cups were a new thing. I kept telling people Stanley has been doing it for decades! Love my Stanley thermos as well (though I must admit I did get one of those newfangled cups too, and they are nice, but nothing compared to a USA made Stanley).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have the SAME one as LDubs - black plastic straps at all. Just filled it full of hot water so it is all pre-heated for when I fill it full of coffee in the morning. Going out for striped bass at 06:30 ...

my kids gave me one of those yeti 32 oz tumblers for my birthday a couple years ago.those things are no joke.even with the poly top it keeps ice for a day and a coffe hot for hours.i have the stanley coffee tumbler and i prefer the yeti.

For cold drinks, I use the tumbler because it does hold ice incredibly well for having a poly lid and it fits in cup holders, but when it comes to coffee, I use the Stanley. I can pour the coffee in at 6 AM and can still drink it at 4 PM. The best part about owning both is that you don't have to be without either!

Same here. Our Stanley is our go to for coffee. Our kids got us Yeti cups and they work well for cold drinks.

DaleH said:
I have the SAME one as LDubs - black plastic straps at all. Just filled it full of hot water so it is all pre-heated for when I fill it full of coffee in the morning. Going out for striped bass at 06:30 ...

Mine came originally without the handle. I was wandering around the sporting goods dept of some store and stumbled on the handle kit. Perfect fit and sure passes the test of time.

Latest posts