Use Amazon & your phone to identify bolts and screws

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Pretty slick if it works as advertised. Lots of times I've needed something and didn't know the exact thread/length/metric/SAE etc.

I just read the part about "along with hopefully an Android version." So, no help for many of us yet. DARN!

https://www.popularmechanics.com/home/tools/a22500301/amazons-new-tool-helps-you-find-the-right-screw/?src=nl&mag=pop&list=nl_pnl_news&date=072118
richg99

Pretty cool app. My first thought however was Amazon's practice of doing the "add-on only" approach. I've gone to Amazon several times because I needed some small specialized item. I could only purchase it as an add on to an order of $25 or more, even if I was willing to pay shipping (which I was). So, not sure how this will work if someone identifies a $0.37 SS screw. Maybe Amazon will only sell by the box.

But anyway, the app is pretty cool. I look forward to seeing this expanding to additional things. It would be fantastic if it could be applied to outboard parts, for example.

Latest posts