Tin boat cooler

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
After a lengthy search I found (for me) the perfect cooler. It had to be light, wide, not tall and not deep, think an exaggerated horizontal rectangle like a big brick.

Requirements were many, possible entries by cooler makers were non existent. After a long search I narrowed down my needs before dumping my small soft sided cooler.

It had to be wider than others and be able to hold long snakeheads (SH), be lightweight, easily stored, soft sided, big enough to hold enough ice and drinks for a whole day fishing, have easy access, and securely occupy a spot on the boat that I did not use, the front bench seat.

Then I found the Igloo ringleader marine. It fits exactly my needs. It's soft sided, 22" wide by 10" deep and high, more than wide enough for even the biggest (maybe with a bend in the fish) SH ice, and drinks. The top has a velcro flap for easy drink access and the handles tie up nicely to my bow cleats with small bungees to make use of that wasted space. I segregate drinks in a separate plastic bag for when the slimy SH go in.

Overall a really good fit in my and my buddy's tin boats. The down side is they're only available in white and seafoam green but a few cans of spray paint took care of that!

My only wish is that Igloo would make one 5 or 10 inches wider perhaps even with an internal separator. Maybe some of you folks can use this one.

Oh, it's only $39 and the ice lasts all day and more especially if you throw a towel over it to keep the hot southern sun off of it. Then it's an all day cooler ++ for sure.

igloo_ringleader_both.jpg

Jim said:
Thanks for the quick review.

Is it hard bottomed?

No, it's hard(ish) it will not collapse when carried by the side handles even if full of ice, drinks and fish but it's not rigid either. It won't clank about on the dock or deck. The corners on the bottom have hard plastic protectors / reinforcement.

It's a perfect cooler for the front bench.

Latest posts