Tin bike made for boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpalump

Reaction score
Craigslist Dahon Mariner. This version is built for people with really really big tin boats! Ride it around the marina or to the store. All aluminum and corrosion resistant version of the common Dahon folding bike. These are a little older 5 speed Shimano version. The new ones have a couple more gears. They came in a fairly well made nylon carry bag. I spent about an hour tuning them up. I would not hop curbs on it but they cruise around great!

j9y99v.jpg

21j7m3d.jpg

My curb hopping days are so far in the past that even I can barely remember.

Pretty cool idea if you needed to run an errand or something that was just out of walking range. Just out of curiosity, what does something like that weigh?

My home lake, Lake Sunapee NH, where you have to park your truck and trailer is like 1/4 mile from the launch. And in the summer it can actually fill up completely and it becomes about a mile. I've often thought about bringing my bike in the bed of the truck for that. This would be nice to not take up as much space!

jethro said:
My home lake, Lake Sunapee NH, where you have to park your truck and trailer is like 1/4 mile from the launch. And in the summer it can actually fill up completely and it becomes about a mile. I've often thought about bringing my bike in the bed of the truck for that. This would be nice to not take up as much space!

The smallest folding and best are the Bromptons. I snagged a titanium one from a pawn shop. I rode it a few days but after looking it over I realized it was super tricked out with all titanium bolts and a $500 front hub! It was worth $5000 with all the mods so I knew it was stolen. Local Brompton dealer confirmed it and I got it back to the owner. He was so happy and as a biker myself I just could not be happy on somebodies stolen pride and joy. Bromptons are nice but expensive used. The cheaper ones like I bought are a dime a dozen at Camping World and on Craigslist. The RV crowd uses them. I kinda know the folding bike market so I knew these two bikes I bought were a fair deal. $200 for two almost new condition bikes. I dont think the mariner parts on the Dahons mean that much so any one would be fine. If I ride it 10 times that's 10 bucks a ride for a lot of fun. Remember how fun cruising around used to be? It still is! Search bikes then type in folding on Craigslist. You will have a cool toy for next to nothing. Thow it in your tin boat and ride around the other parks or marinas across the water from your launch.

Get a battery oper. scooter, lighter, can run several miles on 1 charge and no effort. Store it in a suitcase with wheels and tow the suit case to the store for picking up supplies.

Latest posts