I ran into Vic Coomer a few weeks ago

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys have heard of him. Vic Coomer lures are a staple here in Ohio. He makes all sorts of plastic lures and other stuff.

I was car shopping with my dad and an older sales guy walked past and his name tag said "Vic Coomer". I was like....wait, was that the fishing guy?

Sales guy I was with said yep, he quit making the lures and sells cars now. Apparently he developed an allergy to the stuff in the plastic lures and couldn't do it anymore, so he sold his business.

I feel bad for the guy, but honestly, I was pleased as punch just to be in the same room as a guy like that.

I don't recognize the name but it is kind of cool when you bump into someone like that. Sorry to hear about his misfortune with the allergy. Some of the stories behind how these kinds of cottage industries get up and running are really remarkable. I had the chance once to chat with the guy who founded Shasta Tackle. Very interesting.

Latest posts