I’m done with this cold weather

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
It’s time to move to a warmer climate. I don’t mind the occasional snow storm, but when it gets to single digits......no thanks! Too old for this stuff! :LOL2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim said:
It’s time to move to a warmer climate. I don’t mind the occasional snow storm, but when it gets to single digits......no thanks! Too old for this stuff! :LOL2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, I'm usually done with winter right after Christmas.
:LOL2:

Yes, it was indeed ccccccccccold out the other day at 4-degrees, whilst snowshoeing around the range perimeter for 20-minutes or so, then stopping to take 2 offhand shots with my flintlock at the 50-yard gongs. Ran (walked?) again and repeated, but only got 8-shots off total before I couldn't feel my fingers anymore ... felt like I SMASHED them in a car door, they hurt so bad. And they hurt even worse :shock: when warming back up, OUCH!

... and for some unknown reason, I was the only guy there :roll: at the gun club that day ...

California deserves a lot of the bad things said about it. But one thing that is good, especially in Northern California, is the overall climate. At this point I admit I'm spoiled and it would be tough to move to a cold climate.

Lots of good LMB fishing here too. 8)

I guess I'm the only one that wishes I was in a colder climate. Around here it's cold enough to suck, but only occasionally is cold enough to have fun in the cold. Every few years it stays cold enough to get some ice fishing in, every now and then we have enough snow to break out the snowmobile. But most of the time it's just cold enough to suck but not cold enough long enough to have some winter fun. My neighbor thought I was crazy the other evening riding the snowmobile around from about 4:30-7:30, said he was cold watching me from the cab in his heated polaris ranger. Last year we had some good cold for a while and I was able to ice fish a good few times in January but we hardly had any snow. This past weekend was the first good snow we had and of course today it has all melted it's been upper 30's and cold rain. I'd take below freezing and snow over what we're getting now just makes doing anything outside a cold wet muddy mess. Plus I find the summer too hot and humid many days, I'd take the milder summer of the north, and cold enough winters to have some fun over what I get.

i live on the south coast of british columbia.we rarely get alot of snow and only a couple times during winter we get a cold snap. the rest of the winter it's just cold enough to suck,and let's not forget .rain,rain and more rain.you guys in the pacific northwest know what i'm talking about.did i mention the rain? the wife has decided we're buying lakefront property to retire on and that means the interior of the province.deep winter snow and cold as a witches tit all winter long.can't wait for that. :roll:

I live in Iowa because that's where my wife is from and that's the only reason I live here. Over the years I've gotten more acclimated to winters here but I really don't like the freezing rain and the wind is a pain in the butt too. I guess it's a necessary evil to keep the mosquitoes in check and that's always a good thing. I think the biggest thing I had to learn was how to dress for the weather.

Hot and or humid summer climes have outdoor bass fishing, golf and other sports year round, and longer daylight hours in the winter, with temps almost never in the 40's.

I've been cold... done that enough, nevermore.

This winter hasn't been that bad yet compared to last winter. But I have Raynaud's which causes my hands, feet, nose and ears to get really cold and even turn blue in 40's and 50's. So this past week with the single digit nights has been tough. I hate the cold and really need to move somewhere that doesn't affect me as much. But last year we had 2 weeks of single digit cold and the river froze solid in Jan. Then 2 weeks later it was in the low 70's in Feb and I was out in the boat in shorts 2 days after the ice broke up. Then 4 snow storms in March! Here's the river from last year.

Attachments

• iceriver1.jpg
    iceriver1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,351
sunshine said:
Florida's full. :LOL2:

Nope! :LOL2:

My wife keeps on pushing it. If i could work remotely I would move there or somewhere warmer that has good freshwater fishing but in close proximity to the Ocean. Florida seems perfect. :p

I snow plow during the winter.
This year from the day after Thanksgiving it was 45 days without snow and above normal temps in Chicago. This week we had 2 snow storm that put down over a foot of snow.

Ground hog day is in about a week.

Latest posts