I hate virus writers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I just had a run in with a nasty computer virus. FYI, don't click on anything that says Anti Virus XP 2008. It is a anti virus company that wrote a virus to infect peoples computers to sell their anti virus program... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I ended up googling it and found a way to finally delete it from our computer and then our IT guy sent me a spyhunter program and it found like 10 more associated files to this POS program.

You'd think people would have better things to do with their time than do that crap!....like work on their boats & go fishing :wink:

ST

Man I know how you feel. Had a cousin get the Anti-Virus 2009 on his computer. It was a bugger to get off. I believe it is a malware instead of a virus though. Everytime I would run a malware scan the crazy thing would move itself around inside the win32 folder so it could not be deleted. I finally found a forum that led me to the (free) program "Malwarebytes" that did remove it. I can not understand how it can be 'fun' to wreck other peoples computers. Guess I am just too old to understand.

Yes we have Anti virus but like phased said it's more like malware. I found a site that shoed what two files to delete so it wouldn't regenerate itself when you reboot and then had to go back and reconfigure all the display and desktop settings. Took a while but I got it all straightened out.

I got the same virus or something similar and it was a nightmare, it got to a point I could not use the computer.

The virus I got had a series of procedures to make it act like if it was getting mad because of my lack of attention.

It wants you to run their software, it warns you and if you ignore the warnings, the virus gets more aggressive
to the point where I just had get the recovery disk, reformat the hard drive and restart everything from scratch...

Not fun, I think that is the worse virus I have seen so far, other then a little virus I got in 2003 that went through my whole hard drive looking for all JPG images and corrupted all the image files. I lost a lot of my first new born son, there is no value for that lost, up to this date I am upset about it...

Oh well, what can you do...

SVNET said:
I got the same virus or something similar and it was a nightmare, it got to a point I could not use the computer.

The virus I got had a series of procedures to make it act like if it was getting mad because of my lack of attention.

It wants you to run their software, it warns you and if you ignore the warnings, the virus gets more aggressive
to the point where I just had get the recovery disk, reformat the hard drive and restart everything from scratch...

Not fun, I think that is the worse virus I have seen so far, other then a little virus I got in 2003 that went through my whole hard drive looking for all JPG images and corrupted all the image files. I lost a lot of my first new born son, there is no value for that lost, up to this date I am upset about it...

Oh well, what can you do...

I feel your pain. I lost 1.5 years of pictures of my kids when my mirrored drives stopped mirroring #-o

Learned my lesson....

Spyware Doctor removes this "thing", but you don't have to buy the program to get the removal features. You can get them FREE with the Google Pack offer. Just install Spyware Doctor from the list of choices.

The program is a variant of the trojan.vundo.b and can be a PITA to remove manually. Lots of offers to remove this or provide removal instructions on a Google search, but it's tough to know which one of those to trust because sometimes the cure can be worse tha the disease, if you know what I mean. [-X HTH :)

We have Spyhunter Security Suite 3 ver 3.5.11. Seemd to tackle the remaining pieces I didn't get manually. Running it on my home computer tonite as well.

flounderhead59 said:
We have Spyhunter Security Suite 3 ver 3.5.11. Seemd to tackle the remaining pieces I didn't get manually. Running it on my home computer tonite as well.

Spyhunter has evolved into an excellent program after a rather questionable start.

I run Spysweeper and have since it first came out. It's the only security program I pay for, matching it with the free for home use version of Avast!, Zone Alarm Free, SpywareBlaster and Spybot S&D and haven't had anything bad get on my system in over 10 years.

I recommended Spyware Doctor because it's free and removes this particular nasty, just in case someone else on the forum is unlucky enough to get infected they can find the information to remove it quickly and without cost. If you are going to pay for one of these programs I would suggest Spyhunter or Spysweeper.

It has always been my theory that the people that are really behind writing the viruses that are out there. Are the Virus protection companies themselves.

I know there are cells of people out there that do do this foreign governments and what have you, but think about it. The Antivirus companies have a unending revenue stream if they create the viruses themselves.

What browsers are you guys running?

I've got mozilla firefox, and since I've started running it, my computer has run much better (almost 5 years now)... it stops going to a page if it finds any trojans, etc... saved me a lot of headaches - not to mention it clears all of my personal history each time I close the browser... no one knows my history if they get on the computer behind me

russ010 said:

I've got mozilla firefox, and since I've started running it, my computer has run much better (almost 5 years now)... it stops going to a page if it finds any trojans, etc... saved me a lot of headaches - not to mention it clears all of my personal history each time I close the browser... no one knows my history if they get on the computer behind me

Yep, I agree, Firefox is much better then IE, provide much more protection then IE and combined with little bit of user common sense, Firefox can provided months of trouble free surfing, but still, if you make the wrong click, you can get on the hook of the wrong fisherman out there...

I just upgraded to the latest firefox version and I hate what they are doing with bookmarks, I can't understand it or figure out how to even bookmark a single page, I don't know where it puts the bookmark what it does with it. Very weird, sometimes the programmers have a little too much fun, get too wild and make it more difficult then it needs to be...

I am about to un-install it and see if I can locate an earlier version that I can manage better.

Here is my dilemma.....

I switched over from IE to Firefox, I like it much better.

But now I purchased Vonage phone service (Love it so far it has been 2 weeks) and the problem I am finding is that the browsing times and pages loading take forever and some times I need to double click to get pages to load. It does not happen in IE, and it does not happen when I am connected at work. If I remove Vonage from the equation everything is back to normal. #-o

I know Vonage does this for good phone quality, But I need better surfing at home :LOL2:

42-17053059.jpg

russ010 said:

On the computer that this happens we were running IE. I can't switch as this is the company's computer. At home I also use IE cause I'm too lazy to change it to anything else, not computer literate enough to set it up and too cheap to pay someone to do it.

This Antivirus 2009 crap just attempted to install itself on my computer.

It popped up a warning bar about something being infected and I know that I am not running antivirus program that it said detected it. Even though I hit cancel, the thing still tried to install. :x

Guess I will go find some of this freeware to scrub my computer and make sure none of it got on here.

Latest posts