Fish Joyce's Dock....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
If you haven't heard about this subject, I suggest that you do a quick Google search.

Seems that a fisherman in Florida was blasted with Joyce's water hose when he (SHOCK) attempted to fish near her dock. Police and all,..quite a donnybrook.

I won't give the story away, but.....it is worth the search, IMHO.

richg99

On the reverse side of things. I was at my sisters house who lives on a lake and was fishing off her dock one day. I had a bass fisherman in a boat come up and tell me that I could not fish off the dock because he was in a tournament at the moment and I was screwing his chances of winning up.

richg99 said:
Ha Ha Ha.....dope. Some tournament guys think they own the water. Hope you didn't quit.

At the lake I frequent the most, there is a narrow canyon area that is productive certain times of the year. It doesn't really get "crowded" with boats trolling, but you do have to watch where you are going. Especially if guys are using planer boards. There is a fishing guide that I will always give up the lane for. He is a friendly guy who is willing to share, not to mention a very good fisherman. I figure he is "at work" so I'm happy to give up a lane if I see him coming. If he wasn't such a nice guy, I probably wouldn't.

The "protest" will probably die of it's own accord, as I'm sure most of them have their favorite fishing holes, and will go back to them. Now, if the problem is rather prevalent in that area, it might extend naturally, until folks sense that the message has been delivered to others that feel they own the water.

Roger

Latest posts