Rant

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Single Ply toilet paper should be illegal in the US. There is no savings whatsoever buying the cheap stuff. You end up using twice as much and everyone knows the other horror stories. :LOL2:

Wife thinks she is doing us a favor....... #-o

my wife is a Costco fanatic and buys everything in surplus... her and her mom watch way too much TV and saw something that said the thicker ply toilet paper is bad for septic systems... I came home one day to find the new paper AND end up wiping like the towelheads do overseas (lets just say their outhouses have a hose hooked up to a water spout)...

anyways, I told her to take that crap back, she wouldn't budge... so I got the bright idea to hide all of the TP and when she went, the only thing she had to use were those brown tissues that you dry your hands off with in public restrooms [-X (I use them in my shop, so I put 2 right beside the toilet for her with a note that said this is what she expects me to use and the fact I'm more full of crap than she is and I need more comfort)... needless to say we have the Charmin Ultra back!

You should try the "Mister-T" brand.......it's rough & tough, and don't take crap off of anyone :wink:

Seriously, 1-ply is all camping TP is, it breaks-down quicker.

ST

SlimeTime said:
You should try the "Mister-T" brand.......it's rough & tough, and don't take crap off of anyone :wink:

Isn't that kinda the point? :-s :lol:

Then there was the bear (yes, he's in the woods :wink: ) who was leaned back against a tree one day, takin' care of "business". He happen to look down, and right beside him was a rabbit in the same position.

Bear says "hello rabbit", rabbit says "hello bear". The bear says, "rabbit, do you also have a problem with poo sticking to your fur?" The rabbit replies "why no, not at all".......so the bear reached down, grabbed the rabbit & procceded to wipe with him #-o

St

SlimeTime said:
Then there was the bear (yes, he's in the woods :wink: ) who was leaned back against a tree one day, takin' care of "business". He happen to look down, and right beside him was a rabbit in the same position.

Bear says "hello rabbit", rabbit says "hello bear". The bear says, "rabbit, do you also have a problem with poo sticking to your fur?" The rabbit replies "why no, not at all".......so the bear reached down, grabbed the rabbit & procceded to wipe with him #-o

St

hahaha,
I just told that joke to my daughter with Eddie Murphy in mind.

My hatred isn't just reserved for single ply. There is a whole lot of it out there that is two ply that isn't worth a (insert pun here).

I take few real pleasures in life but being stocked with premium TP is one of them.

We bought the economy pack of Quilted Northern at Sam's Club a while back thinking "it can't be that much different than the Charmin Ultra" because they were out of Charmin (and so were we, so we couldn't wait). We always buy the jumbo pack. This has been the most miserable couple of months. This stuff is like the John Wayne paper that they keep loaded into the dispensers at work. Even my wife (who I have never heard complain about something like TP) has said she would be glad when we ran out. I think we are down to 3 rolls... time to restock with the good stuff and save those for the emergency reserves.

BTW... Charmin Ultra is "septic safe" so tell your wives that excuse doesn't fly anymore.

Quackrstackr said:
BTW... Charmin Ultra is "septic safe" so tell your wives that excuse doesn't fly anymore.

While I admit that I haven't checked all the packages but is there a toilet paper that isn't safe for septic tanks? Even if it doesn't say septic safe I'm sure there is no problem with using any brand of TP.

Concur: 1 ply sux!

There are a few of us that take our own tp with us to leadership academy in the summer. We run the academy at a National Guard facility. You've always heard that the military's weapons are built by the lowest bidder....................that goes for tp also! :shock:

Latest posts