Fishing reports?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hounddog

Reaction score
Hello guys! The catfish have been biting good here lately on Lake Fork here in Texas.
Me and a few friends have been catching pretty good.
I was just wondering how you guys fishing has been going?

Well, since you asked. I haven't fished for catfish for years. Used to fish for them in the lakes, rivers and San Joaquin Delta. Now days I target trout. Last time I was out was March 18 and I did OK. I hear the bite is real good now but I haven't been able to get out because of either rain or other commitments. I hope to get out this coming Wednesday.

If you get a chance post some pics in the Fish Reports section. Always like to hear what worked and didn't work -- without giving away secrets of course. Haha

hounddog said:
Hello guys! The catfish have been biting good here lately on Lake Fork here in Texas.
Me and a few friends have been catching pretty good.
I was just wondering how you guys fishing has been going?

I haven't been out yet, but
I'm planning on doing some cat fishing in Tennessee in late May.

maybe a week to a week and a half before the interior lakes start to ice off.got the camper on,boats all set to go almost,just have to replace the prop i mangled last week river fishing for cutthroats.no idea what i hit.didn't even feel it.put a nice chip and bend in one of the blades :oops:. guess it's a spare now.i was planning on changing the pitch eventually anyway but have no choice but to do it now.it's only money,right? #-o

I was out once to a local lake. I managed to get a nice little large mouth on my ultralight rig. That was it my friend and I never got a single bite. Not on crawlers,worms, spec minnows, rapalas of all color and kind, whopper ploppers , beautiful day though could not have been more perfect. hopefully this picture will help you understand :)

Attachments

• jimmy1.jpg
    jimmy1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,198
JimmyTodd said:
I was out once to a local lake. I managed to get a nice little large mouth on my ultralight rig. That was it my friend and I never got a single bite. Not on crawlers,worms, spec minnows, rapalas of all color and kind, whopper ploppers , beautiful day though could not have been more perfect. hopefully this picture will help you understand :)

Understood. I always enjoy a nice day on the water.
And as they say, a bad of fishing always beats a good day of work.

Wow! That looks like a perfect day on the water!
I'm going back to the lake this weekend, maybe I'll have some good luck.

Beautiful day for sure. I find that trolling when the water is smooth as glass like that the bite pretty much disappears. I always like to see a little ripple. Though it sure makes for a nice day on the water.

Latest posts