Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
Took my boat down to Union Lake(maiden voyage this year) Everything was going smoothly till I went turn on my Lowrance, nothing, went to the middle of the lake, shut the motor off, and checked the wireing and couldnt find anything. I dont like to have things not working, so I put her back on the trailer and left, didnt even fish :shock: .

Got home and started pulling the wires for the depth finder, got to the batteries & everythings good, no blown fuse. I got some wire and hooked it to the bat. and the Lowrance, it worked, the fuse holder was bad. I replaced that. I have this corrigated plastic wrap that the wires run through, I;m running new wire and the corrigated wrap is messed up at one section so I cut it out, I looked down and and saw 1/4 inch peace of wire laying on the deck, I also cut the cable to the speedometer, CRAP!!! I spliced it back together, but will it work? This little project took 4 1/2 hrs. Noon till 4.30. Sorry its so long but I had to let you know how my day went.

Up all-night thinking and I got it, Spin the paddle wheel to see if it registers on the screen, daaah. Thanks anyway my fellow Tinboatians.

Thanks Mr. Jim, it done did took me the entire night to figure it out, now I'm too pooped to take the cover off and take that free spin.

I wouldn't have not fished just because my FF crapped-out....hope you got everything fixed. Don't let something like that ruin a good day of fishing :wink:

ST

yeah, no way I would have left before fishing. You might figured it out on the water instead of keeping you up late, not to mention that you would have been fishing! :D

I hear what you guys are saying but thats not me, if my stuffs not worken than I cant enjoy myself, I like to check out the bottom contour of the lake when I go from spot to spot, to me the day was ruined, so I went and picked up the material I needed to fix it, so in my mind, only one day was lost and I fished this morning.(bank)

And just so you know, the speedo should work just fine with it being spliced. Make sure the splice is completely covered with electrical tape so it doesn't ground out. Hate for you to miss another day of fishing because of that.

Thanks Mr. Flounderhead, there were three wires that had the plastic around it and a wire that was by itself, every wire has electrical tape and than completely around everything.

Just checked it out, IT WORKS :mrgreen:

Latest posts