New Guy From Oklahoma

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anchor Chain

Reaction score
Hello Everybody.
So here i go.

My name is Skip. I found tinboats when looking for options to do with a flat bottom Jon Boat. Didn't have one yet. :wink: Great site by the way. well i did get my first boat. its a fish-master 1232. it came with a 34# trolling motor w/gel deep-cycle marine battery, 2 oars, 2 life jackets and a tilt trailer. paid $550.00 . think i got a fair deal. opinions are welcome.

boat006.jpg

boat008.jpg

boat016.jpg

boat018.jpg

boat011.jpg

The boat is not wide enough to deck it so i may just floor it.

Now i just got the Firestone outboard 2 H.P today 8-27-08. It has been sitting in a shed for 20+ years. They stored it right. gas tank cleaner than most used tanks.
any hints on maintenance is welcome. Is it like a weed-eater? i found a site, they said mix the fuel 24:1. engine seems to run OK.

P.S. My screen name comes from my PaPa who was the man the taught me to fish. it was his C.B. Handle. He was a 28 Year navy veteran

Welcome aboard! You'll love it here!

I don't have a boat, so I can't answer you're questions... but many people will surely be happy to help!

Welome aboard Mr. anchor chain :WELCOME: looks like a good deal to me, theres some beautiful mod. boats to help you out, any questions you have all you have to do is ask or send a pm, ya see we're like one big happy family, so, welcome again my friend. God bless PaPa :USA1:

Welcome! Nice boat, I added a link below with some info, not sure if it'll help or not.

ST

https://www.oddjobmotors.com/scottatwater.htm

Thanks for all the Great welcome's.
Wheeww. was worrin' i got took for ride on the cost of the boat.
yes we took it out the next day. took it to a small no wake lake kinda close to home last sunday. Me and my son snagged 4 2-3# bass on rubber worms. lake has moss about 15 -20 feet off the bank. hit the moss pull to the edge and let it hit the bottom.

Finnaly found the info on the motor. its a 1960 or 1961 made by West-Bend for Firestone.

Bad day fishing is better than a Great day at work.

:WELCOME:

Just check out the mods and you will get plenty of ideas. Ask any questions and we'll see if we can't help you along the way. Most of us like to see the progression of the modification, so be sure to post plenty of pictures.

WELCOME ABOARD SKIP !! YOU HAVE YOURSELF A AWSOME PROJECT BOAT THERE ! AS FAR AS THE MOTOR GOES THERE ARE SEVERAL WESITES FOR ANTIQUE OUTBOARDS WHERE YOU CAN FIND ALL KINDS OF HELP AND GET QUESTIONS ANSWERED. I HAVE A COUPLE I'LL TRY TO GET TO YA.