MOTOR HEIGHT & PROP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04ProHawk180

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 04 Fisher Pro Hawk 180 with a 90hp Mercury outboard. I am taking the motor off to install power pole brackets and was wondering if I should install a hydraulic jack plate or just raise the motor up a few holes on the transom? Also what would be a good prop size? I currently am running a 21 pitch 3- bladed SS prop. I have been reading about the Mercury SpitFire 4-bladed prop but don't know what pitch to get. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try this to see what diamter & pitch to use.

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37433

I run a few of their props, their 4-blade pressed aluminum, which is fantastic on smaller boats, and a big 4-blade stainless steel that is unreal on my 21’ offshore boat.

You plug in your boat & motor specifics, plus the actual weight carried into that calculator and on the 3 or more occasions I have used it on my own boats, the results have been perfect!

The best part is, they have a prop exchange feature to make sure you get exactly what you were looking for!

What RPM were you turning with the old prop? Going up a ":few holes" doesn't sound prudent unless you were way low to start with.

There's a guy called Prop god (named Ken) on a forum called Bandofboaters.com, he knows his stuff.

Does the bracket change your motor setback by that much? How thick is the bracket? Does the Power Pole install instructions give you any guidance? If not I would consider calling them to see if they have any input.

jethro said:
Does the bracket change your motor setback by that much? How thick is the bracket? Does the Power Pole install instructions give you any guidance? If not I would consider calling them to see if they have any input.

The bracket is 1/2 inch thick.

Latest posts