I need to vent

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowWalker

Reaction score
So I work delivering pizzas roughly 30 hours a week. Its a fairly well known franchise in the midwest (specifically Illinois) and starts with an A. We get are products delivered to us on Wednesdays. Well this past week, no delivery. Turns out, the owner has around 15 grand in overdue bills to them. Now here is my issue with this. The Mom/Son that own our store are literally worth millions. They say we aren't doing good and all this stuff. Honestly, for a restaurant that opened less than a year ago, we are doing great. We are in the positive (except for this one bill) and we aren't losing money by being open. Given the times, this is exceptionally well for a new restaurant. Their not seeing 5 or 6 figures every week so its not good enough.

And of course last night we got extremely busy. We got down to one box of pizza sauce. Our sauce, cheese, italian dressing, mushrooms, are all brand specific. People don't want the stuff they can buy at Jewel themselves. Thats why they come to eat at our restaurant. There was a chance of us not being open today because we would have no sauce, but someone went and bought some from another store (brilliant isn't it? go spend more money on stuff we could have delivered). The guy from the food company finally came last night, and he threatened to start taking back anything they had they they didn't pay for. Needless to say they cut him a check for over half of what they owed them.

I hate seeing something have so much potential be ruined for something stupid. Time to try and find another job. :roll:

Well,you know what they say...If you can't stand the heat,get out of the kitchen!!!
Seriously though,I don't blame ya. People like that don't get priorities in the right places!!!! Good luck with whatever you do. :mrgreen:

My parents used to own a restaurant. So I m familiar with what you are dealing with. Our suppliers used to tell us horror stories of competitors that did not pay there bills.

Jim said:
My parents used to own a restaurant. So I m familiar with what you are dealing with. Our suppliers used to tell us horror stories of competitors that did not pay there bills.
Sometimes that's how competitors compete. :roll:

My f-i-l is a meat wholesaler/distributor that supplies restaurants and groceries.

He has some real stories to tell on them.. some of them national chains.

The amount of money that people owe him right now but just haven't bothered to pay is astronomical. If you can't pay your bills, close the doors instead of running your failing business on someone else's dime.

It is only a matter of time before someone else comes in and runs the show. The only thing that has really kept the corporation from stepping in, is that the current owners own the entire strip mall complex, and they would be paying rent to them.

I honestly like my job, and like delivering pizzas in general. I make decent money doing it, and I'm always meeting new people.

Watch and learn and maybe get ready to open your own shop!

Amazing how so many businesses fail from poor planning and operation even if business is booming. I love it, gives the rest of us a chance to do better

captain I am one step ahead. I am majoring in business management and the wheels in my head are already turning. Not gonna be a restaurant though. :p

ShadowWalker said:
captain I am one step ahead. I am majoring in business management and the wheels in my head are already turning. Not gonna be a restaurant though. :p

Pizza joints aren't restaurants... they're cash machines !!! That's why the mob owns so many of them. 8)

Latest posts