Did alittle shopping today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
Went with my sis to Indy today, she dropped me off at Gander Mountain while she went to the bicycle shop. I've been wanting to get a boat cover, and they had one that actually fits pretty nice, for $100 & has a 4 year warranty.

Also picked-up some 2-cycle oil, L/U lube, fuel stabilizer, a new sett of muffs, and a digital fish scale (wishful thinking :wink: ). I also saw a set of those little LED lights that clip on the brim of your hat. Buddy of mine had one & I thought they were pretty slick.

I was gonna get a couple cans of SeaFoam, but it was $7.50 at Gander.....Menards now carried it for under $6, so I'm gonna pick-up a couple cans tomorrow. Got my windshield mounted too, and gave the boat a sweeping-out as well as loaded a few things on it.

Getting ready for its maiden voyage in the next week or so. Called my catfishin' buddy today & he's itchin' to go too.

Oh, got these on today too :wink: Thanks again Jim! And I have one to ut on dads boat yet.

ST

tinboatdecal.jpg

I'm about 25 miles NE of Indy, so I don't make the trip too often. I was suprised to see Menards carrying it, just happen to notice a shelf full of it when I was getting parts for my rodholder. Glad I did or I'd have paid more at Gander #-o Heck, the Menards here even sells groceries now.

The only Sporting Goods store in Anderson is a Dunhams, and they don't even carry fishing tackle anymore :roll: said there was not enough sales to stock it. Their stuff is higher than heck anyways.

ST

Our menards has groceries too. Think about it though, all the people that pic up their materials in the morning on the way to a job can pick up lunch. I'm sure they are priced similar to a convenience store, but its one less stop/impulse buys. I bet they do good off it.

ShadowWalker said:
Our menards has groceries too. Think about it though, all the people that pic up their materials in the morning on the way to a job can pick up lunch. I'm sure they are priced similar to a convenience store, but its one less stop/impulse buys. I bet they do good off it.

Yeah, I figured that was the reason behind it. I haven't really walked down the isles in that section to see what all they stock, but I'm pretty sure some of it is more involved than some guys would want to fool with on a jobsite.

I'll have to check it out, I'll be heading there in just a bit 8)

ST

Well, just FYI, I picked-up 4 cans of SeaFoam at $5.68 a can, nearly $2 cheaper per can than Gander Mountain.

I didn't check the groceries, they're in the rear of the store & with hobbling-around on a cane I wasn't up to taking the scenic route :mrgreen:

I did however get the stuff to make a couple of these catfish drift bobbers:
https://www.hookedoncatfish.com/Bobbers.html

Neither Lowes or Menards here carries the caps shown, so I'm gonna try & use 1/2" CPVC caps.

ST