Lake Lugano Boat Show!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to northern Italy. While we were in Como, Mrs Ldubs says let's jump on the train and go to Lugano Switzerland today. Little did she know that there was a boat & car show going on in the Lugano city center that day. Lot's of fancy boats and high end cars (maseratti, lamborghini, mclarens, etc). I was happy to take it all in. Mrs Ldubs was not amused.

Even better for me all of the high end women's clothing and accessory stores were closed because it was a Sunday. But, Mrs. Ldubs got even when we visited Milan later during the trip. Haha.

Lugano Boat show.jpg

The 14' tin boat pictured below runs about $3800 over there for just the bare hull (without center console or floor).

14' Tin Boat.jpg

Saw several prop set ups like this. Don't know anything about it but seems to be common with I/O's over there.

IO Prop.jpg

Here is an old hydroplane racer.

Old Hydro.jpg

Nice set up for the rich and famous. A BMW X7 pulling a decent sized shiny mahogany boat.

Mahog Boat.jpg

Oooh, Northern Italy, one of my favorite places. We spent 10 days in Tuscany about 7 years ago and I have been dying to get back. Did you eat a lot of boar and red sauce?

Nope, didn't get to have any boar with red sauce. We jokingly describe our diet as the four P's: Pizza, Pasta, Panini, and Pesce. Lol.

I got to tell you jet lag is brutal the older I get.

I had french fry and hot dog pizza in the square in Sienna when I was there. Hilarious, I had to do it. It was delicious!

Yeah, jet lag sucks. It's way worse coming home than going there!

Latest posts