Yeehaw!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
lol....goin' fishin' Tuesday!! 8) It's a huge deal for me, don't get to go near as often as I like. Got my good catfishin' buddy who's hauled my butt fishing more times than I can remember, now I get to take him :wink:

We're gonna head-up to Salamonie Tuesday afternoon, do our usual routine of crappie fishing until dark, then set up for cats. We usually spend all night on the water & crappie fish again at daybreak. It'll be the maiden voyage for the "Gray Ghost", so looking forward to that as well.

I made a few pool-noodle slip-bobbers today, so I'll be curious as to how well they work for suspending some live bait. Dads got a FF I'm going to put on the boat, he never uses it & if he fishes here (meaning Indiana, he winters in Florida) it's with me anyway :mrgreen: So I'll get that done tomorrow as well. Gonna also borrow his MinnKota transom mount TM as well, since I can't afford the bow mount I want right now.

I'll take my camera, and hopefully will have some fish pics to post, but definately want to get some of the boat on the water.

ST

Have a great time.
Make sure everythings working and ya bring all your stuff.:)

Thanks all! I'm pretty excited about going, lol....even if the fish don't cooperate #-o Zum, you don't know how funny that statement was. I always have to make a "list" of things so I won't forget anything, and this being the 1st time for using the boat, it's more "complicated" :lol:

Be a busy day tomorrow, got a buddy supposed to pick-up some traps I re-worked for him, lol...another buddy supposed to bring a couple more over that got hit by a disc last fall, gotta fill-up the boat & truck (there goes $100 :evil: ), mount the FF, hit the grocery store for some grub....lol, I'm already tired :mrgreen:

It'll be worth it though, and I'm gonna enjoy every dang minute of it :wink: plus I got a feeling we'll catch a few.

ST

Good luck. I hope to have my boat out for the first time next week. No more shore bowfishing, which is good cause I sliced my toe open on a rock today.

Thanks all! You all really have no idea how bad I need this #-o lol, It's long overdue.

Well, I took the boat & truck to fill-up the tanks today.....$100 :roll: and I stopped the boat at 12 gallons (not even sure how much it holds, the gauge says 1/2 tank). Got the FF mounted & wired, and to make another McGuyver mount 8) Got pretty much everything loaded 'cept for food, bait, and my hind-end :p

Charged all the batteries (well, put the charger on 'em, they were already at 100% :wink: ) and fired-up the 75 horse Merc.....purrs like a kitten. I'm anxious to see what she'll do on the water....I'm guessing run like a scalded dog :mrgreen:

ST

Well....off to my weekly appointment with the back & neck cracker (Chiropractor)...lol, he hates it when I call him that. He's a great Dr. though, and the only one who's actually done me any good in the past 5 years. Anyhow, then I'll come back home & hook-up the trailer, pack the cooler & warn Stumpknocker I'm heading his way.

So, everyone have a good one & see ya'll tomorrow....hopefully with some fish stories & pics :wink:

ST

Latest posts