Springbok Owners?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdn1972

Reaction score
I know the history of the Canadian company and its new owner etc but has anyone ever run across a Springbok owners club or anything like that? About 6-7 years ago I purchased a 14 footer and fixed it up then sold it locally when i found a larger Starcraft more suited to the area I boat in. My needs have changed and my boating location will next season so I purchased my next fixer upper a 14 ft Springbok boat called the Sprinter. Rated for 25hp and weighing in at 225 lbs from the factory with a cable steering wheel set up, for and aft nav lights, OMC cable shifter and padded bench seats with backs. No other options offered. Well its getting a strip and prime and paint come spring, new deluxe wise bucket seating and a few other options so new weight will be 250 or so. Still should be a rocket with 25 hp.
Anyone know the expected top speed using a 1953 bigtwin 25 hp with a fresh rebuild?
Any clues on Springbok clubs?

Kevin

I have a 15’ 1968 (?) Springbok Dart with a 1986 (?) 60hp Mercury OB. Not sure of top speed but it really moves. Made by Aluminum Goods Limited - the original manufacturer. Would be interested in any Springbok Users Club if they exist.

Attachments

• E0B91ABB-B3D2-45C8-8DDE-D0025E0DCB9D.jpeg
    E0B91ABB-B3D2-45C8-8DDE-D0025E0DCB9D.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 0