Y'all got another Okie

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKBirddog

Reaction score
Good morning all, I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and decided it was time to go ahead and register. I found this site while looking for mods that I might want to to a 1970 Richline that I bought for my dad. Dad had a smaller/narrow semi-v that had a 25h Johnson on it that would literally scare the bejesus out of you if you tried to run anything over half throttle, so we decided we needed a bigger boat. Well the ice storm we had in December made it kind of a priority. You see the little 14 footer lost an argument with a very large elm limb. FUBAR'd the boat, but thankfully it didn't even scratch the motor. I found the Richline on Craig's list in Tulsa and ended up buying it.

At this time I'm not going to be doing to much to the boat, got new plywood on the seats, some pedestal bases mounted, 12" tires on the trailer(it had 8") and new lights on the trailer. Now for the part that sucks, we moved the motor over to the Richline and hooked the hose up to it and fired that puppy up, started like a dream but it looks like it had set to long and the water pump isn't doing it's thing, so the motor will be off to the shop this week. I sure wanted to do a quick shakedown run Friday, but that didn't happen. Sometimes you are the pigeon and sometimes you are the statue.

From just lurking and reading there seems to be a wealth of knowledge about tin boats on this site and I hope as time goes on I will be able to add to that knowledge base and along the way steal a few ideas from you folks.

That's about it for now, no pictures at this time, never can remember the camera when I go up to work on the boat.

OKBirddog said:
Dad had a smaller/narrow semi-v that had a 25h Johnson on it that would literally scare the bejesus out of you if you tried to run anything over half throttle, so we decided we needed a bigger boat.

LOL....I like you're way of thinking :mrgreen: Welcome, and good luck on the boat. Post some pics when you can. You won't meet a nicer bunch than these guys & gals here :wink:

ST