Quite a rush

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdn1972

Reaction score
So my sister in law requires a new reliable repower for her KMV and today i ordered her a 30hp ETec Evinrude with new controls and all the best that today's engines give us. Wish it was mine! Next spring should be fun, I will be rigging her boat with today's finest technology and rigging my new purchase a 1975 Springbok 14 footer with a fresh rebuilt 1953 bigtwin 25hp. Almost a 70 year differential in engines. Looking forward to doing both!

I bought a 30 ETec about 3 years ago. It’s a two stroke but you wouldnt know it other than having to add oil to the reservoir. It’s nice and quiet.

Well guys just got to the cottage tonight about 150 miles north above Toronto where i boat and fish on both Georgian Bay and Lake Huron and there is an inch of snow. Winter is upon us poor Canucks. Time to start dreaming of warm spring days and getting the new boat sanded, painted and ready foe the bigtwin then the KMV re rigged the the new ETEC. Starting to order some bits and peices needed to bring the Springbok back to use able condition starting with electrical wiring for a battery, marine radio, fish finder with gps and new lighting. Soon to order new seats, pick my shade of red deck paint and a few new trailer rollers. O the winter shopping fun!

Picked up the new ETEC Friday, got it up north and stored in the garage until spring. Super excited the engine looks very cool. Going to be ordering a few items on black friday sale prices for my boat project....Looking forward to spring 2020.

cdn1972 said:
Picked up the new ETEC Friday, got it up north and stored in the garage until spring. Super excited the engine looks very cool. Going to be ordering a few items on black friday sale prices for my boat project....Looking forward to spring 2020.

That is terrific. If I understand that new ETEC will be for your sister's boat. Nonetheless, nice upgrade. Congrats.

Yes sister in laws boat, wish it was mine......maybe someday....My 1975 Springbok Sprinter will be powered by a 1953 Bigtwin 25hp rebuild in 1967 and held under wraps until spring 2020. It was started and run for appx 20 mins then oil squirted and stored under a blanket in a mans garage until i bought it. Not to say that time spent under the blankets in the garage didn't rot the coils and put powder on the points or even make the flywheel impossible to remove and require replacing all that and the carb too but the basic block and drive train is solid and good. Im looking forward to spring here in southern Ontario to awaken the bigtwin and mount and fire the Etec

Looking forward to the new motor reports in the Spring. I have cousins who live in Toronto (Rexdale). I plan to tow my boat up there for a fishing trip...hopefully next summer.

Jim

Latest posts