fryed green tomatos

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Reaction score
hey zum,all you do is slice it thin(not paper thin) dip in buttermilk than flower and get to fryin.you can also do it with zucchini and egg plant but with egg plant use olive oil to fry.

I'll have to give it a try.I'll tell my parents about it to,they are always eating tomatoes.

Sometimes while they're frying I'll add a small pinch of sugar on them too.

ST

I've heard of fried tomatoes but never the cuks.Have them too,I'll have to give it a try.

Okay, here's one for ya:

Fiday night we ate some fish caught is Wis last week. Legbkr put a bunch of small carrots & sliced up celery and fried them up in butter in a frying pan. Put that whole bunch of fried veggies on foil, put our fish filets on top, wrapped it up (in foil) and put it on the grill.

Now, I would much rather have my fish fired (dipped in butter milk or something, rolled in cornmeal or something) and deep fried to eat with a bunch of tarter sauce :wink: :D

BUT - I gotta tell ya, this fish baked in foil, on top of fried celery & carrots, was pretty darn good...

Not that I'd like to eat it that way all the time, but pretty good for a change from the fired (best way to cook them) fish.......

I used to love fried fish but now in tin foil on the barbeque...can't bet it.

Tried the tomamtoes tonight.I never had any buttermilk so just added some vinegar to the 2%,then the flower.My tomatoes where rip:(...still wasn't bad though.Gotta raid the ol mans greenhouse to try some green ones and maybe a cuk.

Latest posts