How to know when you are old

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillhunter

Staff member
Reaction score
When your "big screen" is a 32" and you are playing Vinyl on a mid-90s setup.
122719Turntable.JPG

In case anyone wants to know:
Sony 100 watt per channel receiver
Pioneer graphic equalizer
Pioneer duel deck cassette player
Sony CD player
Audio Technica turntable
Advent Prodigy Tower speakers

Volvo? Don't you have to smoke a pipe and wear tweed jackets with elbow patches to drive one of those? :LOL2: :LOL2:

PS: I was literally talking to my brother-in-law yesterday about the Studebaker Lark and Avanti. The Avanti was an awesome car.

LDUBS said:
Volvo? Don't you have to smoke a pipe and wear tweed jackets with elbow patches to drive one of those? :LOL2: :LOL2:

PS: I was literally talking to my brother-in-law yesterday about the Studebaker Lark and Avanti. The Avanti was an awesome car.

Up until a few years ago the Avanti was being made. I ALWAYS loved that car, and the Lotus Europa my two faves of all time.

See:

http://www.classic-car-history.com/avanti-car-history.htm

Aw, the Lotus Europa was a really cool car. They were pretty common in the town where I went to collage back in the early 70's. I sure don't see them anymore. I wonder how many survived.

Another nice car from that same era was the Volvo 1800 series.

Back to Gillhunter's original post -- I remember when owning a 32" screen with a VCR meant you had arrived! I don't know if it is true or not but my understanding was that was about as big as they could go with the picture tube technology. What I do know is that Sony 31" picture tube TV weighed a ton!

Crazyboat said:
Hmm, I have a Lincoln as a daily driver but my fun car right now is a Delorean, how old am I? LOL

Delorian! All I know about Deloreans is the flux capacitor kicks in at 88 mph which causes temporal displacement. That is according to Dr Emmett "Doc" Brown, of course. Now, how old am I. Haha

Crazyboat said:
Looking at that picture I'd say about 96, LOL. Gonna guess about my age, so nearing the 60-65 range.

Haha, in the ballpark. I celebrated my 68th birthday on 12/31. Like they say, it is all in the mind (and the knees, back, shoulders, and neck)!

I'll be 71, but when I'm on my Motorcycle I don't notice the aches and pains so much! My wife keeps telling me I act like I'm 14.

Latest posts