Google Chrome Browser

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
This browser came out today, Anyone else download it? Seems nice, simple and fast it's too early to give you my meaningless opinion. :LOL2:

https://tools.google.com/chrome/?hl=en-US

Google Chrome for Mac is in development and a team of engineers is working hard to bring it to you as soon as possible.
Please enter your email address below and we'll let you know when it's released.

ahh cant get it yet! there working on it for just lil o me..lol

I've been using it and so far, I like it. I like how it stores your most frequently visited pages and displays them when a new tab is opened. Only complaint is that my scroll bar doesn't function properly with it. It won't scroll up at all. I also haven't noticed any loading time differences.

I'm waiting for the mac version too! Probably won't make the switch from firefox though. I'm too stuck in my ways.

I doubt I will abandon Mozillia FireFox like I did IE.With Mozillia FireFox I can use yahoo tool bar to keep up with emails and get my yahoo bookmarks without having to go to the yahoo bookmark website.Everything is in a drop down menu on the tool bar.

I'm old and stuck in my ways. The only time I change browsers is when they update themselves. Plus I'm so not computer literate that I hate installing anything cause I usually have problems

flounderhead59 said:
I'm old and stuck in my ways. The only time I change browsers is when they update themselves. Plus I'm so not computer literate that I hate installing anything cause I usually have problems

Same here! It was a major event when I updated to IE7, lol ! :lol:

The only chrome I know is what used to be where the rust now resides on my truck bumpers :mrgreen:

lol, I do good to send emails & post pics #-o

ST

when i used have windows, i hated IE so i used slimbrowser,, load time was much faster,, but after that , from design and web work i had to upgrade to a mac, i always use safari,, shortcuts are easy and fast !!

ben2go said:
ShadowWalker said:
People still use IE? :p
...Some programs rely on IE to down load updates...

And that's reason enough for me to not install numerous browsers. I don't install toolbars either. I know one person that has like 10 toolbars installed and you almost can't see anything on his monitor except the darn things.

today i installed chrome in a friends computer since i reformatted and im installing all new updated software,, etc etc and,, i installed it and i got the blue screen of death,,lol.. had to go back in safe mode and uninstall it, man,, well to bad,, thats windows for you!!lol

cant wait for it comes for mac

Great, just freakin' great. I proclaim my loyalty to IE7 and what happens? Yesterday we had to open and close IE twice and then on the 3rd attempt, it would launch. Always 3 times and it was everytime we tried to launch it. Early this morning it was the same way. Then all of a sudden it won't launch at all. I can't use IE7 at all. I even downloaded it again and reinstalled it and still no joy. I am current connecting via MSN Explorer. I don't really care for MSN Explorer. Guess I'll have to try another browser. Probably try Firefox, I guess.

Now, I'm really corn-fused... I went to restart my computer. The screen said to use the turn off computer to install updates instead of using the restart computer. So I used the turn off. After it installed updates it shut itself off. After that I turned it back on and when it got done loading all the startup programs, IE7 works like it did before I had any problems. Things are back to the way they were. I didn't do nuthin' ??? Sure, computers make our lives easier but they sure can be frustrating too.

Heck, I still use IE6 both at home and at work.

They will not authorize us to use IE7 at work and IT will rake you over the coals if they find it (or any other browser) installed.

Latest posts