The Newbie Has Landed!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Rob and I am a newbie living in Indianapolis, In. Prior to about 3 months ago I was *not* a fan of fishing. The GFK (My Girlfriends 12yr old Kid) got me interested and we've been going out fishing several times a week.

I started with a cheap spincast rod/reel combo and have since got myself a decent entry level baitcaster made by Abu Garcia (Silver Max). I'm getting better with it daily but I still suck. :)

Last week I got myself a 12' aluminum v-hull jon boat. This is my first boat ever... I already have plans to mod it, which is how I ended up here. So look for my next post to be an opening thread regarding that project and expect a lot of asinine questions. :)

By day I am a computer dork and by night I am a guitar player in a couple of metal bands. If that's your thing you can check us out at our websites. One is what some people refer to as "stoner rock" or whatever. I call it metal. The other gets labeled death metal. I call it metal too. If you like Black Sabbath, I think you'll dig Devil To Pay. If you like Slayer but crave something a bit more extreme... You might like Legion.

https://www.deviltopay.net/
https://www.myspace.com/legionmetal

Other hobbies include aquariums (I have a 75g reef tank), cigar smoking and girl gawking.

Hi Rob, welcome to TB! I'm about 30 miles NE of ya in Anderson. I'm wanting to get down your way sometime & try some catfishing in the White River, too shallow up here.

I used to be a Sabbath fan (Ozzy's too far gone now :wink: )....more years ago than I care to remember 8) Told someone just the other day, one of the last concerts I remember seeing was Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention :mrgreen:

Stick with that baitcaster, you'll get the hang of it & be glad you did. They're great for bass & catfishing. Look forward to your post & seeing the progress on your boat, not to mention some of the fish you'll be catching from it.

ST

SlimeTime said:
Hi Rob, welcome to TB! I'm about 30 miles NE of ya in Anderson. I'm wanting to get down your way sometime & try some catfishing in the White River, too shallow up here.

I actually reside in Fishers so you're not that far away at all. I just recently landed a decent cat over at Geist Park (the only public shoreline I know of), and have scored decently at Morse as well. My GF landed a whale of cat in the White River a few months ago... I'm eager to try it out myself.

Here's the cat I got over the weekend, the GFK is modeling for me:

normal_IMG_8155.JPG

:WELCOME: Just checked out your bands, not bad, Im not so much into death metal or metal really, Iron maiden is about as metal as I get.

rob said:
SlimeTime said:

I actually reside in Fishers so you're not that far away at all. I just recently landed a decent cat over at Geist Park (the only public shoreline I know of), and have scored decently at Morse as well. My GF landed a whale of cat in the White River a few months ago... I'm eager to try it out myself.

Here's the cat I got over the weekend, the GFK is modeling for me:

Maybe after it cools down we can see about getting together sometime to catfishfish sometime. Nice catch in the pic!

ST

welcome aboard!

Sounds like you're on the fast track to fishing.

If you like Sabbath check out Saint Vitus(late 80s-90s on SST records), the bassist sounds just like Geezer Butler.

You ever fish Sugar Creek? I've heard it's great for smallmouth.

ben2go said:
You may have saved that boy's future by being a father figure in his life. =D>

Heck, I think that boy saved Rob by turning him into a fisherman!! =D>

Welcome to the site, its the best place on the internet for information on modifying Tinboats, Music, umm, I waiting for Willie Nelson does Slayer, he'll have to tune it down a bit, if he gets those pig tails a swingen it could be leathal :wink:

Latest posts