USCG Recall of Klamath 152 Westcoaster

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Because there are frequent discussions here about replacing floatation, I though the group might be interested in this recall.

Klamath's 152 Westcoaster is a 15' walkthrough windshield boat with wide gunnels and a flat deck. No benches or other obstructions to the rear cockpit. It is an appealing boat to someone wanting a windshield boat in a compact size.

I read on a local fishing forum that USCG issued a recall because of a problem with level floatation. To address the problem, Klamath's solution is to add a couple of large boxes to the cockpit. This unfortunately really changes the original utility of the open cockpit. Obviously some owners are unhappy. I know I would be if my cockpit floor area suddenly disappeared.

Anyway, I hope that Klamath and owners of the problem boats can come to an mutually agreeable solution.

Here are some before and after photos.

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 8.17.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-07 at 7.58.27 AM.png

I would be Really Unhappy! The Engineering Dept think the USCG may overlook this problem?