Corona Virus

Are we doing enough, or over reacting

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
CedarRiverScooter

Corona Virus

Post by CedarRiverScooter »

I think my wife would take me out before I got a shot off.

[/url/https://cvws.icloud-content.com/B/AQefp ... TG6Xc&teh=]squirrels[/url]

LDUBS

Corona Virus

Post by LDUBS »

I was taking down an old apple tree a couple of weeks ago when I noticed a bird's nest in a hollowed out area like that on in the squirrel video. I was about half way done taking the tree down. Now I'm waiting for them to fly the nest so I can finish. Delay isn't a real problem because the lemon tree replacement we ordered is on hold too.
Have Rod - Will Fish

LDUBS

Corona Virus

Post by LDUBS »

My county has just announced, effective today, businesses can start to open and folks can return to work in retail, offices, pet care, personal grooming, child care, car washes, and etc. There are still restrictions on restaurants, churches, and some other activities like outside dining, which I don't really understand. Those are expected to relax shortly. Social gatherings are also now OK. I think of up to 10 people. And, gathering for protests of up to 100 people are deemed OK. (Kind of a coincidence how the timing for lifting distancing rules for protest gatherings worked out.)

One of our little town's council members says he is going to challenge the county's order in an attempt to get our all of our community's businesses back open. We are a small town of about 11,000 and would never survive a court challenge against county resources. But I think the council will push as hard as they can.

Anyway, our county's numbers look pretty good. I don't think a spike can be avoided but hope it will be small and short-lived.

Everyone take care.
Have Rod - Will Fish

JL8Jeff

Corona Virus

Post by JL8Jeff »

Somehow, you guys jumped ahead of us in NJ. Our governor has no clue what he's doing and he's destroying the small businesses. Somehow, it's ok to go to Home Depot and shop and hand a cashier money, but it's not ok in the mom and pop stores. [-X I just gave myself another haircut since our salons and barbershops aren't allowed to open yet. #-o I think the explosion of cases in the NY/NJ area was really caused by the use of mass transit and that's why we're not seeing the same thing happen in other areas. Stay safe but let's get back to normal.
2001 Lowe Roughneck 1652 VT with Merc 60/45 jet 2 stroke

LDUBS

Corona Virus

Post by LDUBS »

We have been having the same issues with understanding some of the reasoning about why one place can be open and another can't.

Anyway, I kind of understand and agree that NJ got hit hard because it is so connected to NYC. In California half the cases & deaths are in Los Angeles County. My county of 1.15 million has had 1500 cases and 39 deaths since this started.

I hope your area makes progress and sure agree the sooner we work our way out of this mess the better.
Have Rod - Will Fish

handyandy

Corona Virus

Post by handyandy »

return to work wth? I never got to quit working, call me selfish the unemployment benefits piss me off. People that have been working the whole time don't get crap. People who weren't working lot of them are getting paid more on unemployment they what they were regularly working. How about the next stimulus give people who have been working the whole time something more.

DriftinMT09

Corona Virus

Post by DriftinMT09 »

handyandy wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 11:39
return to work wth? I never got to quit working, call me selfish the unemployment benefits piss me off. People that have been working the whole time don't get crap. People who weren't working lot of them are getting paid more on unemployment they what they were regularly working. How about the next stimulus give people who have been working the whole time something more.
Even better, how about the next stimulus, if there is one, not be just an pre-payment of a tax return (if one is due for the 2020 tax season). I don't see how they figure it was a stimulus, when it's money that will reduce a tax refund for those that overpay, but not be taxable for those who will already owe in. If the federal government is okay with the money not being paid back for those whom already owe money, why should it reduce any incoming refund payments to those that have already overpaid and allowed the government to use the taxed money to earn interest. I understand that people can just change their withholding to adjust, to make sure they would maybe only owe a bare minimum, so the "stimulus" check would not count against them so much, but what a pain.