Stay at home order

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
An hour ago the state of Illinois announced that we will be going to "Stay At Home" Tomorrow! We have several freezers full of food, prescription med are refiled, enough dog food for more than month and the eqvalent of 72 rolls of toilet paper.

I’m in Illinois too. Grocery stores will stay open as well as gas stations and other essential services. No need for stockpiling food. Others may be hoarding and upsetting the normal supply lines that are causing temporary shortages in stores. But there is no reason for anybody to be panicking.

My girl friend likes to cook and bake. I had to go to 3 stores to get flour and sugar, other than that the stores I was at seemed well stocked.

Apparently our governor is making an announcement today - I suspect we'll be told the same thing. I was already told to bring my laptop home from work and we've been having lots of tele-meetings over the last week. We've all been in our offices but haven't gotten together for face to face meetings. My secretary was sent home last Monday.

We went to a funeral/viewing this morning. Funeral was invitation only. Funeral home was only going to allow 50 people into the viewing at a time. That turned out to be unnecessary since there were only a dozen cars in the parking lot. We paid our respects, no handshakes, and left. Place was dead...no pun intended.

We stopped at Walmart for a few things. This was the first time I've been to a grocery store in 2 weeks, because my wife stays home and handles that stuff for the family so there's no reason for me to go. I was surprised how bare the shelves were.

One shopper was wearing a full face respirator with dual cartridges.

We are on our third week staying at home. The house couldn't be cleaner. Yard looks pretty good. We are getting pretty good at gin rummy. Today, I received a supply of stuff via Amazon that will allow me to do some work on the boat.

Everyone hang in there.

I'm now officially working from home and I'm putting in a few hours each day but the emails have slowed to a trickle, I get a couple of calls a day, and with the rest of my building home, there just isn't 8 hours of work to do each day. Trimmed fruit trees and grapes today, got the mower running, cleaned my shop. I'll start roto-tilling the garden this weekend and will probably pull the cover off the boat.

I've been looking for a specific outboard motor to use as a kicker. I've been checking facebook marketplace and craigslist just about every day for the last 6 months. One showed up this week. Seems to be the one I've been waiting for. I'm not crazy about traveling half way across the state to buy it so I may just miss out.

My son got laid off, and we're tackling a few projects together. I finished my solar perimeter lighting and water feature system, trimmed my fruit trees, fixed a broken fence post, and other projects. I'm retired but having a second pair of hands really helps a lot.

solar-panels.jpg

maintenanceguy said:
One shopper was wearing a full face respirator with dual cartridges.

Mrs Ldubs and I went to the senior's only hour at SAM's Club the other day. There were not a lot of people wearing them, but every guy I saw with a face mask had it pulled down on his chin so nose & mouth weren't even covered. Every single one! Women, were mixed. Most had them on and a few had them around their chins. I don't know much, but I know face masks don't do much if they are around your chin.

I got out in the boat yesterday since it was sunny and 68 degrees. I decided to float the dock as well, but I didn't hook up the runways yet because the forecast was for rain today and tomorrow. I think next week we'll put the lower stairs in and one of the runways to the dock. When we get a lot of rain and the river rises quickly, the dock can be a pain to deal with, especially early in the season when all the winter debris comes washing down. Here's a shot from Aug a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• dock_aug4b.jpg
    dock_aug4b.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 461
We are a week into our stay at home order as well. I'm sure you guys have noticed how much we take our little escapes for granted. I'm envious of you guys that get to go out in the boat or go fishing. Unfortunately our governor has put a ban on all fishing and closed all water water access sites/ramps. :cry:

The Governor of Illinois just extended our stay at home order until April 30th.

Well here in SC, govenor declared all public boat ramps closed. Because they don't want to enforce sand bar/beach parties, they did this. Out on a lake with family or a few friends is literally the best place to be. We are mad...time to put the boat in across state lines in GA or find private ramps.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ClemsonAlum said:
Well here in SC, govenor declared all public boat ramps closed. Because they don't want to enforce sand bar/beach parties, they did this. Out on a lake with family or a few friends is literally the best place to be. We are mad...time to put the boat in across state lines in GA or find private ramps.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Our State run lakes and private (water company) reservoirs are closed. But I hear people can still walk in at some places. At least one Fed reservoir has a ramp still open. The Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta is still open and I hear some ramps are still working. Anyway, I agree, as long as you are adhering to the distancing guidelines, going fishing on the boat is a pretty decent way to get some fresh air and not be exposed or expose anyone. Sadly, the concern over folks grouping is driving these decisions.

My county just extended the mandatory stay home order through at least May 3. The good news is California numbers are looking better.

Latest posts