Harbor Freight is stepping up on the Virus

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 3:37 PM Eric Smidt, Harbor Freight Tools Founder <[email protected]> wrote:
View in Browser
HARBOR FREIGHT
Dear Harbor Freight Community,

As we’ve been following the news over the last few days, we’ve heard about the severe shortage of protective gear for hospitals, healthcare workers and first responders as the impact of COVID-19 is being felt across the country. America depends on these heroes every day and in the days ahead we will depend on them even more. At Harbor Freight, we want them to know that they can depend on us too.

So we’ve decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.

• N95 Masks
• Face Shields
• 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves
If you work at a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in need of these items, please ask the office in charge of procurement at your hospital to click here so they can provide us with the information we’ll need to determine if we can make a donation. If you’re not with a hospital, but would like to give us the name of a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in your community that might need our help, please email us at [email protected], identify the hospital’s city and state in the subject line, and our team will follow-up.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS AT YOUR LOCAL STORE OR OUR CALL CENTER AND PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT HOSPITALS—THEY’RE BUSY HELPING THEIR PATIENTS.

For hospitals we’re able to help, we’ll email them a voucher when the supplies are available for pick up at their local Harbor Freight Tools store.

Although we certainly won’t have enough of these supplies to fill everyone’s needs, we’re going to donate everything we’ve got. We also recognize that there are so many other critically important people responding to this crisis and that there is need everywhere. We’ve chosen to focus our efforts on hospitals with a 24 hour emergency room with the hope that we can help as many people as possible right now.

Thank you and God Bless,

Eric Smidt
Owner and Founder
Harbor Freight Tools

Pretty admirable response to the situation.

They don't usually make the news, but I try to remain convinced that more people are like this guy than the weasels scalping important items.

Be well, all.

Good on them. That is incredibly generous as I'm sure they could sell our of their entire stock of those items in the blink of an eye.

I will remember them and everyone else who helps our communities. Likewise for those taking advantage of the situation.

Just got an email from my younger daughter who sent this image from the WalMart in Skokie, Il, from this morning.

We got us some foolish folks out there, AND they are scared.

Was it Tiny Tim who said to Scrooge: "God bless us, everyone?"

Attachments

• walmart skokie, empty shelves.jpg
    walmart skokie, empty shelves.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 298
I have been in a few stores before the Illinois stay at home order went in to effect. Some looked like your picture and some stores were well stocked only low on TP, Flour, sugar.

Latest posts