Now canceled world-wide ...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
VA just announced a stay-at-home order through 10 June ?!?! , with many States through end May. I fear this is going to get much worse BEFORE it gets better ... be prepared, be smart, be safe, don’t waste food or $$. If it scares you, well it scares me too!

So I’ll add some sick or funny humor ... for some levity.

1A8CE084-CBE9-42C0-A307-CDAB3AD282CA.jpeg

694B0079-D490-440B-A2CC-5A7CDD2FEB2B.jpeg

Jun 10th is ridiculous. Once the rapid testing kicks in and the virus treatments pick up speed, they will realize we need to get back to normal a lot sooner than that. I bet that date is just a way for them to make sure schools stay closed but you can't shut down the country for 3+ months.

JL8Jeff said:
Jun 10th is ridiculous. Once the rapid testing kicks in and the virus treatments pick up speed, they will realize we need to get back to normal a lot sooner than that. I bet that date is just a way for them to make sure schools stay closed but you can't shut down the country for 3+ months.

What if the rapid testing is as bad as the CDCs first batch of test kits?

This whole thing is going to take as long as it takes.

New sterilization methods are happening every day. As time goes by, I believe treatments and other medications may be effective. Just looking at the bright side of life.

It’s VA. Where most of the federal employees live. Just removes the driving time and wear and tear on vehicles of people who we pay to sit around and do nothing.

They could have a 2 tier system, young people go back to work & us older folks stay away from them. They just need to figure out how to bubble us off.

I also saw something yesterday where they said we should be able to detect which people won't get it (maybe through antibody testing). Add that to the fact that we don't know how many people already have it and are asymptomatic and the reported numbers and deaths aren't even close to actual fatality rate. Things are moving quickly to fight and deal with this so the Jun 10th date has no basis at this point in time. We just need to stay smart and stay safe.

CedarRiverScooter said:
They could have a 2 tier system, young people go back to work & us older folks stay away from them. They just need to figure out how to bubble us off.

I actually think something like this will eventually happen. If not a mandate, it will happen naturally. Folks at-risk will be treading carefully for a long time after others are back to work.

Rumor mill says they're pushing the Governor to put us on lockdown in AR. I checked earlier this week and there were only a little over 500 confirmed cases in the state with only 2 of those in the county I live in. Everyone I see is doing pretty good with the whole social distance thing and the traffic is very light because of reduced activity. I sure hope we don't go on lockdown just yet, the crappie are getting ready to spawn and I want to fish. The lake I normally fish is never really crowded unless it's peak bream spawn so keeping your distance is easy there.

My daughter is a nurse in Charleston, SC. All the staff at the hospital she works at are having to wear the same mask for 2 weeks now because the ones they ordered ended up in NYC.

I now know of two different people who were pulled over by city PD and asked why they were on the road. All three had valid reasons. I have not been anywhere other than the grocery store now for a little over four weeks.

Jim said:
Here they are pushing to stay at home from 9 PM to 6 AM.

Stay safe everyone! [-o<

The mayor of West Memphis AR started that for his city the other day. 9pm till 5am, no one on the streets unless they were essential in the work place, out for food, doctor, etc. I'm not sure he has the authority to do that but he's done it none the less.

Latest posts