Ambient weather

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
So,
I always wanted to get one of those weather station contraptions that you put up on your roof and it tells you the current weather and wind directions and whatnot. It was always one of those wants, but never enough to just go out and buy it.

Well,
A person I help with some computer stuff now and then asked me to help set up one that he bought. I told him, you get it all set up and mounted, and I will help you get it connected to the internet and on your phone. Mind you, I know nothing about any of this weather station stuff.

Anyway, I quickly found out that there is no app, but just a URL to the website. I hooked up his weather station and it reports back to the website called Ambientweather.net.

If you create an account there, you can specify the closest one to your house, location, etc. :LOL2:

Now I get the benefits of someone else's weather station without having to climb the roof and doing all that stuff. I saved the URL as a link on my phone, and it is just like the app. Overkill? Maybe! But Check it out!

https://ambientweather.net

I am curious, were you able to find a weather station close to your house or place of interest?

The one I saved for reference is in the same town, no more than 2 miles from my house which is good enough for me.

Latest posts