Boat converted to snow machine WITH outboard propulsion !

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kismet

Reaction score
I was noodling about using an outboard on a jon boat to travel over snow.

Did a Google search and sure enough, some one has already done it, for ice. I love it! (Dunno about snow...but a ski set-up might be cobbled.)

Enjoy. There's almost no limit to the trouble some men will go to in order to make a goofy idea work--it's part of our charm.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=using+an+outboard+motor+to+power+a+snow+mobile+on+snow&docid=608030153172910656&mid=54720A917972B4403F6E54720A917972B4403F6E&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Well a snowmobile drive grafted into the bottom of a jon would be kinda cool.

Takeoff from Jetjon concept.

OK, lessee now, probably a 10-12 ft jon, gotta have a air-cooled motor, but don't know for sure if they were made up and beyond 10hp (maybe a lawn mower engine, a rack for skis, and not sure about where to get some long ice-blades, the rigging of power to the drive wheel (s) would probably involve some belts, rather than chains, but maybe some of the newer drive belts they use for snowmobiles and cycles, and I'd want some sort of guard for the drive wheel because the guy in Youtube has a drive blade that makes me nervous just looking at his rig.

What else?

:roll: :mrgreen: :lol: and [-o<

stay well, all