I finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckybassman

Reaction score
Well I am no longer a dial up guy!!
We finally got hi speed and man is it awesome!!
Now I can actully watch some of the videos and mods that are on here =D>
Can you believe I was using dial up this whole time???? I can't!
It's unreal how fast it is!(1.5)plus some :mrgreen:

Congrats, I converted 6 months ago....the difference is unbelievable, especially loading & viewing pics. You'll love it!

ST

KMixson said:
Now the bad part of high speed. If you go somewhere that only has dial-up you will be miserable and aggravated on it. My girlfriend only has dial-up and I can't convince her to switch.

I probably won't even use dial up again unless it was a life or death situation!!LOL
Then i would have to think about it :lol:
Why won't your girlfriend switch? Has she used dsl before?

kentuckybassman said:
Why won't your girlfriend switch? Has she used dsl before?

I think she is scared someone will steal her identity. Appearently, she feels secure with the line attached. I have even offered to pay for it. I hope she will get it in the next couple of months. She just bought a new laptop with wireless but can't use the wireless at her house.

Now buy a super fast puter and get 12meg service.Pics load instantly and websites do as long as the sites server doesn't limit the flow.I am werking on modifying my Acer 3690-2970 to run a T7200 Core2Duo processor.I have already done some other hardware and software tweaks.I'm tight lipped about that,because of where I learned the tweaks. O:)

The sad thing is that, here, the basic DSL from AT&T is cheaper (by about $10) than AOhelL or MSN and most people don't realize this.

Congrats!!
We had a problem for a week with our high speed and had to use dial up for business (at home) and I couldm't take it. I just stayed on line on my iphone.

ShadowWalker said:
The sad thing is that, here, the basic DSL from AT&T is cheaper (by about $10) than AOhelL or MSN and most people don't realize this.

I finally got my "AT&wait & see" $80 rebate...after waiting 6 months, 3 phone calls, and telling them in 30 days & was filing a claim in small claims court against them & they could pay for an attorney to come & explain to the court why their refusing to pay what they wrote I'd receive in "6-8 weeks". At one point they told me I wouldn't even be getting it....... :roll:

ST

COOL 8)

Its awsome, I waited for 6 yrs where I'm at and no one comes out this far(Back woods) so I ended up doing HughsNet Satelite :roll: way more, but we use it alot worth the cost A LITTLE BIT not much more :lol:

I went to Youtube and watched some "old school" videos and man it was cool!!
I noticed today that every once in a while the phone makes a real quick ring 1 time and then about another 5 minutes or so it will do it again.Anyone know what's going with that??

FishingBuds said:
so I ended up doing HughsNet Satelite :roll: way more, but we use it alot worth the cost A LITTLE BIT not much more :lol:

How well do you like it, and if you don't mind sharing, what was the initial & monthly costs? What about speed? Reason I'm asking is, eventually (hopefully in a couple years) I'm going to be living in an RV (converted schoolbus) and want satelite connection. I've heard good & bad....what's your opinion?

ST

kentuckybassman said:
I went to Youtube and watched some "old school" videos and man it was cool!!
I noticed today that every once in a while the phone makes a real quick ring 1 time and then about another 5 minutes or so it will do it again.Anyone know what's going with that??

Did the installer put in line buffers to keep the internet connection from interfering with the phone signal?They are little boxes that plug into the phone jack and the line to the modem plugs into one side of the little box.Some times they install phone jacks that have a dedicated port for the modem.This is what I have and I have a spare plug in line buffer.

He put in a filter(that's what he called it) that plugs into the jack but it's not into the modem.? I can't help out much in this category........it's all new to me :oops:

kentuckybassman said:
He put in a filter(that's what he called it) that plugs into the jack but it's not into the modem.? I can't help out much in this category........it's all new to me :oops:

That's it.One or the other signal has to be filtered.If it's on the phone line that is the best way.I would have it checked if it keeps it up over the weekend.

Latest posts