Tropical Storm Warning!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACarbone624

Reaction score
They are calling for 3" to 7" of rain for tomorrow from TS Hanna. Last time we got that much rain, my whole neighbor hood got flooded with a few feet of water. Screw it!....This time I am lauching the boat out of my driveway and going fishing! :D

Cumberland County Prepares for Tropical Storm Hanna

Storm effects should begin by 8am. The National Weather Service is predicting 3-7" of rain, 30-45mph sustained winds, approx 60mph gusts. Flooding may occur and high tides expect to be 2 feet above normal.

The Emergency Operations Center will be activated with limited staffing. The 9-1-1 Communications Center will increase staffing to handle the increased call volume.

The Atlantic City Electric Company expects Power outages and down wires due to fallen trees. Do not attempt to move or touch any down wires as they may be a live wire. To report any residential power outages please call 800-833-7476.

The Office of Emergency Management advises residents to secure any loose outdoor items. Prepare an Emergency Preparedness kit to include water, non perishable foods, prescription drugs, First Aid Kits, any Special Needs for infants and elderly.

Better spend the 1st 15 minutes gathering some 'crawlers :mrgreen: Hope anyone in or near it's path comes-out OK!

ST

Most of the lakes around here are down several feet. You can stand and fish on the bank where there was no bank before, just water up to the trees. Now I'm gonna have to start cutting the grass again. :x

Here is the aftermath of the NorEaster from April 2007. It rained for almost 3 days. There was a mandatory evacuation. Most of my neighbors were rescued in boats. My wife and I got in our vehicles and hauled *** before it got too deep. It took 3 days before the water went back down.

Thats about a 1 and half feet of water in my yard.

100_2844.jpg

Looking at my neighbors driveway

100_2846.jpg

Looking across the street. The silver car was up on the sidewalk. The street was almost waist high.

100_2845.jpg

As of 11:00PM Hanna is about 70 miles off the coast here in Charleston. I live in North Charleston which is about 10 miles inland. We have had a little over three inches of rain today so far at the airport which is about a mile from me. The wind gust has been up to 31 miles per hour today. We started to receive the outer bands of the storm at around 2:00PM. Since then it has rained pretty much all afternoon with heavy rain at periods. The wind right at the moment seems to have subsided. The wind has been calm for about the last two hours.

It is absolutely calm here right now.

Here is a pic of where I live. The water from the lake was out to about the red line and the red dot is my house. I was pretty much in the middle of it.

CC2.jpg

Latest posts