Drunk Boater - one dead

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I saw this at the lake today. Tore the outdrive completely off the boat, literally. What we didn't know until later is one person died as a result of the accident. There were 6 adult and 2 children passengers. The other 7 were injured. If I have it right, the two kids were airlifted to a hospital. Happened about 9 pm Sunday night. Of course, the guy driving was drunk. He is being charged with manslaughter among other things.

camAccid.jpg

I'm going to sound awfully cold-hearted and cynical, here, but it's a **** shame that the drunk hardly ever gets hurt. They always seem to get others hurt.

Roger

I had a co worker get into an altercation on the water and after the two parties had words he promptly threw the hammer down on his bass boat and drove it through a pontoon boat.

Co worker was drunk and not his first rodeo. They had to send him off in an ambulance as the pontoon pilot nearly beat him to death after they life flighted his wife out.

GTS225 said:
I'm going to sound awfully cold-hearted and cynical, here, but it's a **** shame that the drunk hardly ever gets hurt. They always seem to get others hurt.

Roger

Yep, this guy had some stitches in his nose but I couldn't tell from a pic the full extent of his injuries. They must not be that bad because he is in the county jail instead of the hospital. Anyway, there is that old saying about protecting drunks & fools.

Latest posts