What Are You Guys Fishing For

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Are You Guys Fishing For

• 1) Bass / Walleye

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • 2) Perch / Crappie

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 3) Trout / Salmon

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 4) Pike / Pickerel

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 5) Catfish / Cusk

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Fish Monger

Reaction score
Probably something that's been asked a hundred times on this site, but I'm curious as to what kind of Anglers are frequenting here.

While I mainly fish for bass, LM and SM, I would consider myself a multi-species fisherman. I usually go in spirts of carp and catfish fishing, and will glady catch pickerel if they are present. The same goes for walleye and trout, but most times I just grab my bass gear and I'm out the door. Having to bait for carp, or having to catch bait for catfish is often too much of a hassle for me, even though I enjoy fishing for them very much. Panfish are my last resort for fun, but they are definately a blast on light spinning or fly tackle.

All the above except for cusk, whats a cusk :shock: Here I am cusk fishen :fishing2:

:roflmao:
Maybe we only have them up here in New England, but a cusk is like a cross between a catfish and an eel. They can get to be fairly large to.
There is also a version of them in the ocean, I'm not sure if its the exact same species or not.

Here a pic of one caught through the ice by Mark from Upper Enchanted Guide Service
marktwcusk.jpg

I like to fish for anything, here lately i've been targeting several different species(bass, walleye, trout, stripers, and even musky with a buddy of mine). But usually when I go "just to be going" i'm typically targeting bass as thats the most predominant species around here.

Look at my screen name.

Locally, it is mostly green bass, but I have had an increasing interest in stripers and white bass. When I go to the coast, I LOVE pulling in redfish, flounder, and seatrout, as well as sharks. I like to pull in crappie or catfish every now and then as well.

Oh man, walleyes always and forever, usually pick up bass and other species while trying (caught my first musky a few weeks ago while casting for walleyes below a dam). If I'm in a place that warrants, I'll target crappie, bluegills, smallies, etc. but walleyes are my main squeeze :lol:

Does the cusk have the whiskers of a cat? I never heard of it before, thanks for the education.

Normally targeting SM and pickeral.Few trips to the trouting brooks in the spring.
I always thought a cusk was a cuss(only seen them in salt water here),learned another thing.Thats 2 things here in 2 days...although I can't remember what the other one was,aleast I remember I did learn it: :?

I fish for everything. Bass (Largemouth, Spotted, White and Striped), Bream, Catfish(Channel, Blue and Flathead), Carp, Crappie, Pickeral, Garfish, Bowfin, Perch and Shiners. And to think that is just the freshwater side. If it swims it is on my list. The saltwater list is even bigger. I do not keep fish unless I think that they will die if I throw them back or someone has asked me to catch some for them.

On the poll I chose Trout/Salmon. That's what is the most of in my freezer. I also target choice 2 and half of choice 1. Alot depends on the time of year. Early spring I go for Perch on Lake Michigan which then blends into Coho Salmon. About that time I'll also start working the Fox Chain for Crappie and Walleye. Summer brings the King (Chinook) Salmon and I still look for Walleye. Later in the summer/Fall is Kings and a couple trips north for Wiscoland stream trout. Winter is Ice fishing and that is usually Crappie and Blue Gill. I'll take Walleye through the ice if I can get them, just haven't gotten a keeper through the ice yet.

Latest posts