Question on nada guide pricing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmorris

Reaction score
So I’m contemplating selling my tinny and nada is telling me that the package is worth $2500 to $3100. That seems high to me, but I’m a cheap son of a gun who hates paying too much. What do you all think, is that a fair price range?

Package specs:
Starcraft 14s (13’6”)
Suzuki 2016 20hp tiller
Trailer 2016 single axel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CedarRiverScooter said:
Find 3 similar boats on CL & price yours 5% less. Will sell fast.
I’ve looked and prices are scattered, but I’ll keep looking.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's right in line, if not a little low. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see it listed around here for $3500.

I do know that Suzi is worth $2k by itself, give or take.

I was going to say the same thing - that motor alone is worth more than the rig & trailer in the current market. So few manufacturers are able to deliver new motors that something only a few years old is basically gold.

NADA on that motor is $2,000 - $2,700 depending on the sub-model and I would bet you could sell it at those prices all day long without the boat & trailer.

The boat & trailer should honestly be sold separately if you're trying to maximize the cash in your pocket at the end of the day.

Is the boat a 2016 as well? I'm guessing not, don't think Starcraft was still making the SF14 at that time. Anyway, I've seen similar for sale WAY higher than that suggested pricing. I've seen 25 year old, 14' open aluminum boats with 25 year old motors listing for $5000. It's crazy right now.

I'm getting ready to list mine again, and I'm putting a covid price on it like everyone else. '95 Starcraft SF14 with a 25 Merc 2 stroke and a good trailer for $3000. Way more than it's usually worth.

In my experience - from pre-Covid days - and at least up here in the N'East, NADA was always a good 30-40% LOW for what a good, clean rig would retail for. It was awesome for Buyers ... not so good for Sellers.

Boat/US valuation and BUC-Value are more reliable values and the banks/lenders use BUC-V, but it is a subscription-based service for Professionals and/or those in the trade. I once had a limited membership that allowed me a few valuations per month.

DaleH said:
In my experience - from pre-Covid days - and at least up here in the N'East, NADA was always a good 30-40% LOW for what a good, clean rig would retail for. It was awesome for Buyers ... not so good for Sellers.

Boat/US valuation and BUC-Value are more reliable values and the banks/lenders use BUC-V, but it is a subscription-based service for Professionals and/or those in the trade. I once had a limited membership that allowed me a few valuations per month.

I remember my old company had access to the BUC's guide back in the old days when I had to work for a living. I never looked at it myself beyond curiosity.

I was just talking to my insurer about why my boat premium jumped 18%. They say the reason was a general rate increase out here in LaLa land. Her advice was to look at NADA and make sure my agreed value policy wasn't set too high. I told her I knew my estimate was probably pretty darn close to reality and that I wouldn't trust NADA.

Latest posts