Speed test?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckybassman

Reaction score
Is this pretty good for hi-speed?Last Result:
Download Speed: 1534 kbps (191.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 270 kbps (33.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:59:24 PM

kentuckybassman there are so many different speeds available today it is hard to tell if that is a "good" speed or not. It depends on what speed you are paying your provider to receive really. I.E. I have At&t and in my area the highest speed available is 3mb(3000kbps). My speeds are 2580kbps dl and 480kbps ul. This is OK speed because the contract says "up to 3000kbps".

On the other hand if my IP said I was supposed to get speeds of up to 6mb and I was getting 2580kbps that would be a lousy speed and I would be calling them to have it repaired. I am truly envious of the folks who have available and are getting 6 to 10mbps...man that's smokin'!!!!

phased said:
kentuckybassman there are so many different speeds available today it is hard to tell if that is a "good" speed or not. It depends on what speed you are paying your provider to receive really. I.E. I have At&t and in my area the highest speed available is 3mb(3000kbps). My speeds are 2580kbps dl and 480kbps ul. This is OK speed because the contract says "up to 3000kbps".

On the other hand if my IP said I was supposed to get speeds of up to 6mb and I was getting 2580kbps that would be a lousy speed and I would be calling them to have it repaired. I am truly envious of the folks who have available and are getting 6 to 10mbps...man that's smokin'!!!!
Well I'm paying for 1.5 and I just checked it and I'm getting 1538 kb/s dl speed and 269 kb/s ul so I guess that's pretty good.
Like Jim said "It's better than dial-up."

Latest posts